The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

I was actually thinking of Buccaneer strikes on Argentinian mainland air bases, runway denial.  Anything over the capital would be leaflets.

Any change to a Phantom airframe is still that.  It remains a Phantom and I still hate it.  I hate the UK ones even more, because they use engines that could and should have been used in British designed and built aircraft were it not for the gutlessness of the politicians.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 03, 2020, 09:22:28 AM

I hate the UK ones even more, because they use engines that could and should have been used in British designed and built aircraft were it not for the gutlessness of the politicians.

Thoughts of a re-heated Bucc come to mind.......................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

QuoteThink along the lines of the 8 Sqn Shackletons and then think sideways.  I'm saying nowt else.

Hmmmmmmmm, Magic Roundabout?  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

You're right in that it's kids tv, but wrong show.  The one that's going on the Sea Vixen is a corker.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 04, 2020, 12:06:43 PM
You're right in that it's kids tv, but wrong show.  The one that's going on the Sea Vixen is a corker.

The Herbs?  If so, my guess would be Tarragon the Dragon.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Just wait and see.  But I'll leave you with a clue- Alan Rickman.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

TallEng

Quote from: Rheged on July 03, 2020, 09:12:02 AM
The Buccaneers are there as it's Eagle that's mothballed rather than Ark Royal (the former was in better condition so it made more sense) but it takes a bit longer to bring her back to service so she sails as soon as she is ready rather than with the Task Force, about two weeks later, so the early Black Buck missions go ahead and destroy the runway.  As Eagle closes in, the Buccaneers are used to supplement the Vulcan raids on the Argie radar. 

If anyone wants to do a Phantom to go with this scenario, feel free.  There's more likelihood of Nicola Sturgeon becoming the next Pope or Sunderland AFC winning the Champion's League than me building a Phantom.

I've got an Airfix Phantom on the go for that very senario at the moment, it just needs more PSR on the Cockpit and spine panel join lines :banghead:
its in All over Dark Sea Grey with Blue/Red Roundels and Light Blue serials and side numbers. Also need to sort out a Sqn for it. Can't be 899 (mailed fist) done too many times by everybody. Can't be 892 for obvious reasons, so that leaves 890 and 893 both ex Sea Vixens.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

The Wooksta!

899 would be flying Shars.  Looking through Sturtivant's Squadrons of the Fleet Air Airm gives a few that disbanded earlier that are free in the early 80s to reform round for a one off gig like the Falklands.

I've retweaked my scenario to leave the Phantoms in the UK, the RAF rather jealously guarding them but the Navy can use their Sea Vixens (mothballed) instead.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Alan Rickman voiced Marvin the Paranoid Android in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy which would suit a pre/post apocalyptic scenario ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

The Eagle in the Falklands has no connection with the Protect and Survive universe.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 05, 2020, 02:14:17 AM
The Eagle in the Falklands has no connection with the Protect and Survive universe.

It doesn't does it. That's me adding 1 +1 and getting 3  :banghead:

To much medication is my excuse  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I just looked up Alan Rickman on IMDB.
I knew he had a wide ranging career but didn't realise just how wide.

I am confident Lee is building a Truly, Madly, Deeply Sea Vixen with a big cello painted on the nose...

...that or Hans Gruber.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..