The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The nose art for the Sea Vixen has no connection with that used on the Bricks.  It's an interesting play on the names of the two crew.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

That FD2 kit is quite a nice thingie, apart from the lack of cockpit of course. Maybe if they'd put one in there the droop snoot wouldn't have worked so well?

But then FROG never were too keen on cockpits anyway.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Wacky Races/Alan Rickman....nah, being a bit thick and can't immediately see the link.

I do like the idea though!

Somewhere you mentioned a mid-engined Attacker whif.  Would it have a pusher prop or tractor with a very high-mounted cockpit?  Otherwise the pilot's special areas would be ground into mince seconds after switching the engine on.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I always touted Alan Rickman to play Dick Dastardly in any live action version of Wacky Races.  Let's be honest, he would have been perfect.

I'll explain the thinking behind Wacky races later.  It just seemed a bit more fun than the usual topless blart and it's too early for Viz.  The early issues were about on Tyneside around then but it didn't really take off until 1989.

Mid engined Attacker?  Extension shaft under the cockpit and the pilot would be on a MB bang seat anyway.  I'm leaning more towards a pusher version now with a nosegear u/c and the fin under the fuselage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 11, 2020, 12:28:11 PM
I always touted Alan Rickman to play Dick Dastardly in any live action version of Wacky Races.  Let's be honest, he would have been perfect.

I was never a fan of Wacky Races, but your'e right he would have been perfect for a live action version.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 11, 2020, 12:20:19 PM

Somewhere you mentioned a mid-engined Attacker whif.  Would it have a pusher prop or tractor with a very high-mounted cockpit?  Otherwise the pilot's special areas would be ground into mince seconds after switching the engine on.

Or how about having the prop mounted as in my Westland Whirlpool proof of concept prototype ?  ;)

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

I do like the nose art for your Eagle goes South scenario Lee  :thumbsup:

Saw your comment re work, I can guess, but hope I'm wrong. Best of luck mate

The Wooksta!

I think everyone will like it.

I doubt you're wrong - I have a consultation meeting tomorrow via phone.  Having been through this at the Ronnie Gill, I know "consultation" is code for "we've made the decision already but doing this to make you feel a bit better."  TBH, as the least experienced and least flexible (in terms of knowlege and capabilities) member of the team, I'm the most expendable.

Not the end of the world, I'm in a better position than I was in 2013 in having more transferrable skills and I do have a few contacts that I may well make use of, although I suspect they're in a similar boat.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Oh no, you reckon they're going to give you the elbow then? :(

NO fun!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

TBH, if they do I'm not too depressed about it - I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown during much of June and July last year due to stress and there have been times since then that I really didn't want to exist - Christmas Day springs to mind.  The company has been voted the worst employer in the UK two years running.

On the bright side, I do have more kits than I can ever build (a good number may well be up for disposal in the kitswap at Telford) and more time to do that.  As I've said, not the end of the world if the worst does happen.  I'll find out more tomorrow.

And thanks all for the good wishes.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Make sure they give you everything you are entitled to.
My sister was in a similar situation last year and her former employers tried to pull a fast one.

Good luck, and don't let the bastards grind you down.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Sorry to hear about your bad news. All I can really say is good luck and make sure you read up on your rights regarding redundancy, the timescales and how much money you should be getting.
https://www.gov.uk/redundancy-your-rights

I'm seeing a lot of people I know who are looking for new jobs this year. We're going through a redundancy phase at work right now with the threat of mandatory job losses if they don't get enough volunteers. Thankfully my job is safe, we were the first team back to work.