The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The only ones released so far (and I'm going off Jan Polc's comments on Britmodeller) are the F1 and PR2, but they have both F1 and F3 fins and tailplanes, so you could get an F3 or F4 out of the box with other decals.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 18, 2020, 09:30:56 AM
Four versions, all listed as 'Future Releases' at £20.69 if you back order them.

October release, they say.

Info received from the Big H today says that they are on there way from Czech Rep to them at the moment  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Well, that's if the pubs are permitted to be open...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote "And after this and the tanker are together, I'm not doing another Vulcan for a while.  7 together is enough for anyone." Unquote

I shall be watching with interest  :angel:

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

They'r all at various stages - one is primed and ready to paint.  One just needs a final prier coat.  The RAAF one just needs the bomb door in place so it can be primed.  The two Skybolt ones need bomb doors in place and pylons (still waiting for one set).  The salvage one is still in the remedial PSR stage and the tanker has yet to be assembled.

And yes, the Whiff SIG stand at Tyneside next year could look rather impressive.  The current total stands at 11 (1 Valiant, 7 Vulcans and 3 Victors), but there may be another Valiant and a pair of Vulcans to add to that as I have another built up Vulcan purchased from ebay that just needs paint and a replacement u/c.  Although it'll probably be an early 70s jet Blue Steel carrier as the builder fitted the relevant fairing and I'm not removing it.

The other Vulcan would be a Gulf War one with possibly 8 Paveways on underwing pylons.

I'll confess that there's one of the prototypes I'd like to do, this being VX777 when it got the Phase 2C B2 wing, which means some sanding, replacing the jetpipes, leaving off all the vents underneath and replacing the tail cone with the smaller B1 version.  I'd cheat and do it wheels up to avoid having to get another set of early u/c.

Actually, there's an idea - bringing the B1/B1a aircraft up to B2 spec - new wing, engines.  All you'd have to do would be change the jetpipes to 201 and change the intake and make it slimmer.  Or maybe not, apparently there were surge issues and the intakes were enlarged for more air flow.  Anyway, do a bit of sanding and leave it gear up and apply B1/a serial and job done.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 22, 2020, 08:00:23 AM

Actually, there's an idea - bringing the B1/B1a aircraft up to B2 spec - new wing, engines.  All you'd have to do would be change the jetpipes to 201 and change the intake and make it slimmer.  Or maybe not, apparently there were surge issues and the intakes were enlarged for more air flow.  Anyway, do a bit of sanding and leave it gear up and apply B1/a serial and job done.

No 8 ?  ;)

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 22, 2020, 08:00:23 AM

The other Vulcan would be a Gulf War one with possibly 8 Paveways on underwing pylons.

That's the one I'm most looking forward to  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

I'm not sure how much plastic needs removing from the intake tunnels - slimming the intakes themselves isn't hard, with some strips of plastic card sanded to shape and filled, but the tunnels themselves need to be smaller

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Saw the P8 on FaceTube the other day, very interested in getting one.

Any chance of a build review in the SIG newsletter, Lee?  Or on the forum?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

That's the plan. I'd said I'd do one when Alistair offered the test shot. I'd post some photos of the prototype but I'm away from home and using a tablet which is somewhat limiting.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Pellson

Quote from: kitbasher on August 11, 2021, 03:09:40 PM
Saw the P8 on FaceTube the other day, very interested in getting one.

Any chance of a build review in the SIG newsletter, Lee?  Or on the forum?

Oh, yes. A review here would be absolutely stellar!  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 11, 2021, 03:15:01 PM
That's the plan. I'd said I'd do one when Alistair offered the test shot. I'd post some photos of the prototype but I'm away from home and using a tablet which is somewhat limiting.

Excellent, Lee.  :thumbsup:
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Lost Cosmonauts

Just read your first impressions on the P8 - thanks  :thumbs:

You've already started me down a change list for the production version(s):
- Your suggestions about the nose already noted, I'll reorganise the parts there a bit
- Ailerons are in the digital file but I think they get lost and the trailing edge becomes a bit fragile as it is too thin at the trailing edge - serves me right for pushing it. I'll add 0.25mm which should help matters
- same story with the rudder as ailerons
- The engine bays sneed more clarity so as I might break those out as separate parts or reorient the fuselage so they reappear
- I'll make the wings separate parts so that they and the fuselage sand and assemble a bit easier
- cockpit to be printed in transparent resin
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 22, 2021, 02:31:41 PM
I was fortunate to have been gifted some of Alistair's earlier 3d printed prototypes last year and I have to confess they have remained in the box.  The FD3 and the twin engine RAE fighter design were the two I most wanted to give a makeover, so once I have the Mosquito out of the way, I may well dig them out. The RAE thing would definitely go in the greys but the FD3...  I need to have a bit more of a think.

"Gifted"!? You gave me an book crammed cover to cover with vintage temptation and exotic delights (Project Cancelled)

Interested to see what you make of the refurb - the FDM printer did a decent job of them but struggled with getting a smooth surface and anything like wheel struts. Both are eventually getting a rework in resin but if you're doing the FD3 in the meantime would you like a couple of Red Dean missiles bunged in with whatever I send you next?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"