The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 06, 2022, 06:28:37 PM
"Yeah. We've made some toast!"
The other main idea that's kicking around inside my head is a strike fighter from English Electric/BAC, composed of various bits - Su-11 fuselage, P8 undercarriage module, Tornado tailplanes, TSR2 wing, Lightning F3 fin, Lightning T5 canopy and a Hunter T-bird nose and spine.  Think P.1121 but rearranged and built with BAC components.  It's essentially the BAC Warton answer to the P.1121.

Do it!  Do it!!  Do it!!!  Now!!!!

Yeah, ideas are buggers.  Drag me down rabbit holes all the time. 

Only just managing to fight off a Jetstream/Canberra mashup idea, meanwhile your 'BAC P1121' is drawing me back to last year's thoughts of a twin-Sapphire Hunter. 

Aargh!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Quote from: kitbasher on May 07, 2022, 02:00:04 AM
...Only just managing to fight off a Jetstream/Canberra mashup idea...

Resist, resist...

...and save it for the Hunter Lightning Canberra GB.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on May 07, 2022, 02:06:39 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on May 07, 2022, 02:00:04 AM
...Only just managing to fight off a Jetstream/Canberra mashup idea...

Resist, resist...

...and save it for the Hunter Lightning Canberra GB.

I've already got Lightning and Canberra ideas!
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Your P.1121 quandary: DSG/DG wraparound 16 not 112, everyone goes for 112 sharkmouths.  It'll then be considered a Canberra B(I)8 replacement.

Welsh dragon sounds good.

PM Su-15: very nearly got one of those for whiffery but resisted the temptation.  Wasn't for a Flatning, either.

PR19_Kit

A Lightning T5 canopy fits a Hunter T7 nose?  :thumbsup:

How very interesting, and opens some interesting possibilities, or a possibility anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Interceptor P.1121's, nice idea. I have one to build as a 74 Squadron machine, as per the 1976 RAF Year Book.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Dave, your twin Hunter idea would be a P.1125, bearing in mind it had two Avons rather than Sapphires, with P.1121 flying surfaces and it looks somewhat  like a P.1121 forward fuselage too.  Still worth trying though.  Still be better off with an Su-15 back end and two Hunter fuselage halves.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 03, 2022, 10:23:24 AM
Dave, your twin Hunter idea would be a P.1125, bearing in mind it had two Avons rather than Sapphires, with P.1121 flying surfaces and it looks somewhat  like a P.1121 forward fuselage too.  Still worth trying though.  Still be better off with an Su-15 back end and two Hunter fuselage halves.

Still mulling the twin-engine Hunter idea,  Lee.  And yes, it would be very P1125-like.

PR19_Kit

Convert a Huntsman fuselage with a fighter-type front end?

It might not have enough poke with two Orpheuses (Oriphii?) though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 03, 2022, 03:02:48 PM
Convert a Huntsman fuselage with a fighter-type front end?

Have often thought a Huntsman plus radome and various lumps would be an alternative to the Canberra T17.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

QuoteOne gobshite - who seems to know everything about everything - said it was wrong.  How can it be wrong when it's made up?

Hehehehe, there's always one, isn't there?  ;D

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

This particular individual is ruining it for me, because not only does getting there and back cost me a fiver, there's the subs too, all for the pleasure of listening to this arsewit drone on and on and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on and on ad sodding nausem about any old bollocks he knows absolutely sod all about.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

The Wooksta!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: