The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 21, 2022, 02:46:32 PM
It's becoming increasingly difficult.

Sad that your enjoyment should be marred by this one person, Lee.  Something that can be sorted out with your club oppos?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 21, 2022, 02:46:32 PM
It's becoming increasingly difficult.

Just excuse yourself with a "Must dash, I need to go talk to someone with an opinion I give a hoot about"

Alternatively If you've a fart or belch lined up you could let that loose and follow with "finally a worthwhile opinion"
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

You've seen the size of the hall - and probably met Howard too.  It's impossible to escape his whiny voice unless he's in the toilet or the kitchen.

I may well boycott the next meeting or two.  Save the money and me ears and when asked why - "Do something about him!"
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Next time I'm up Lee I'll have to make sure it's around one of your Club nights if only to offer some moral support  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

QuoteThe BAC 1121 went into the club last night to widespread apathy. One gobshite - who seems to know everything about everything - said it was wrong.  How can it be wrong when it's made up?

Sorry, Lee, but this really cracked me up. Some people just don't get it, and, as the significantly better, smarter and sexier half of the family said, "it's a blessing not having to bed down with that.."  ;D
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 21, 2022, 11:20:54 AM
This particular individual is ruining it for me, because not only does getting there and back cost me a fiver, there's the subs too, all for the pleasure of listening to this arsewit drone on and on and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on  and on and on ad sodding nausem about any old bollocks he knows absolutely sod all about.

You have my sympathy.................but every society/club/association has at least one of these  idiots with zero intelligence and even less courtesy.  From what I've seen and read  hereabouts, the BAC 1121 is a beauty.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 22, 2022, 04:37:13 AM
You've seen the size of the hall - and probably met Howard too.  It's impossible to escape his whiny voice unless he's in the toilet or the kitchen.

I may well boycott the next meeting or two.  Save the money and me ears and when asked why - "Do something about him!"

If I did I've successfully blocked the memory. I just wandered around gormlessly and cooed over the builds
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

NARSES2

I'm glad Dave has had the decency to take full responsibility for sowing the seeds for some of these projects  ;) :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I was looking at the Avro 729 anyway - it's in the plans book - so Dave really just gave me a suggestion for a fuselage.  I think a set of modified F4 wings may well fit for the wing centre sections.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 26, 2022, 03:07:16 AM
I was looking at the Avro 729 anyway - it's in the plans book - so Dave really just gave me a suggestion for a fuselage.  I think a set of modified F4 wings may well fit for the wing centre sections.

How many volumes does your plans book run to?

The Wooksta!

Just the one.  It's a ring binder with a load of plastic wallets full of blown up plans.  Whether any get finished is another matter, but the intention is there.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Pellson

QuoteFinal thoughts for the afternoon.  Luftwaffe Lightnings.  The Germans did try to buy them but the clueless nerks at the Air Ministry steered them towards the Saro 177 instead.  In addition, the French were apparently very unhappy about it too.  I have some markings from a Sabre that would be ideal - the tulips around the intake could look spot on.  Would have to be an F1A, so an Airfix one with a few upgrades.  Scheme?  I'd like to go Aluminium but that's too easy, so RAF Lightning camo instead..

No. NO! You just can't limit yourself to a basically std RAF Lightning with new national markings. In particular as the Bundesluftwaffe always has had the good taste to develop and maintain a very thorough camouflage development of their own.
Obviously, in your timeframe, the Norm 72 would be the way to go, sporting the ultra-German splinter in Gelboliv/Basaltgrau over Weissaluminium.
It's dull, you say. I say not! And I'm proving my thesis with this:

The red details are squadron colours giving this whif F-100 away as a 711 staffel(sqn) aircraft. 712 staffel had yellow details.
My own research, which may be incomplete or outright wrong, suggests Humbrol 155 for Gelboliv and Humbrol 145 for Basaltgrau. I have full confidence in your ability to take it away from here.  ;)

Just out of curiosity - why would it have to be an Lightning F.1A? Don't you think Luftwaffe would have upgraded in time along RAF lines?

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitbasher

Any plans to revive the recently rediscovered Avro Arrow?
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

It's going to stay in antiflash white, some new roundels.  Back story is that the RAF borrowed one of the early prototypes to play with, so I don't have to change the exhausts.  I'll have to find a new nosegear (F4 may do) and one of the u/c got a bit bent enroute home.  Sure I have some wheels for it somewhere, but where is anyone's guess.  Or if not, I'll adapt some Lightning ones.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 01, 2022, 01:27:13 PM
I'll have to find a new nosegear (F4 may do) and one of the u/c got a bit bent enroute home.

It's a long nosewheel leg, an extended F-4K item could form the basis of one.  I think I have a spare Matchbox item if you'd like it?