The Wooksta!: Not a Spitfire Blog - comments thread.

Started by The Wooksta!, May 01, 2012, 08:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The whole aeroplane is very tall!  :o

For some reason the Canadians went in for tall fighters, the CF-100 was similar.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 01, 2022, 02:15:15 PM
The whole aeroplane is very tall!  :o

For some reason the Canadians went in for tall fighters, the CF-100 was similar.

That's because the snow is deep in Canada!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Thanks,Dave but I have an F4 one somewhere.  If not, I can find something.

Couldn't Arrow carry Genies internally, or was it just Sparrows?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 01, 2022, 02:29:24 PM
Couldn't Arrow carry Genies internally, or was it just Sparrows?

IIRC Genies, Sparrows and Falcons were the options, plus a pair of drop tanks for long range ferry purposes, Lee.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Falcons and Genies were proposed for Lightning, so RAF Arrows (and it was seriously considered as an alternative to the F.155 fighters) isn't too far a stretch.

Just a pity that there isn't a readily available kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

I noted that you found a fair few Luftwaffe bits and bobs in your recent "loft discovery". If you won't be using them, then I might be able to take some off your hands Lee.

Talk more next time I'm up ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

They're assembled kits, mainly Me 262s or P.1099s.  I need some proper time to go through them.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 02, 2022, 05:25:07 AM
They're assembled kits, mainly Me 262s or P.1099s.  I need some proper time to go through them.

No problem Lee, I won't be up until October time at the earliest
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

There's a box of Bf 109s that got as far as pre priming. I'm hoping that there's an unpainted K in there as I'm very tempted to do one in Czech markings as an S-99.  Always did like the Heller K, nice kit that still holds it's own.

Also up there somewhere is a Heller K that I'd grafted an S-199 engine onto and did a load of detail work in the cockpit.  I'm just wondering if I can use some left over bits from the Eduard ones to finish it off.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

You seem to have hit a new modelling groove - lots of interesting plans and progress afoot
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

More that I've been given a kick that I needed, and discovering a load of projects that I've been looking for me has helped spur me on just that bit more.  The Swallow has helped, I think that's this year's Telford build, as last year was the SR.187.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on July 02, 2022, 02:02:02 PM
You seem to have hit a new modelling groove - lots of interesting plans and progress afoot

Very much so and it's great to see  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

I like the addition of the second 'S' to the PSR mantra. That stands for 'Swearing' of course, and it helps a LOT!  ;D :thumbsup:

Interesting about the 2 seater P.1121 having a taller cockpit, but why would they need a larger radar?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Think it was intended perhaps as a Sea Vixen replacement?  It's one drawing that I didn't blow up to 72nd.  I don't think the cockpit is itself taller, more the fuselage is deeper by siting the cockpit sills higher up.  There's also the larger spine to deal with the twin canopy that Hawker had so much trouble with on the Hunter.  That make any sense?

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Absolutely, yes. Perhaps if it was for the FAA they wanted a higher sight line for the pilot to aid carrier landing, like Hawker did for the Sea Fury?

The P.1121 would have been an 'instant submarine' if it had ditched, or a had cold shot off the cat though!

Regards
Kit