3Sqn Anniversary Typhoon

Started by pyro-manic, May 01, 2012, 09:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

About time too!  :thumbsup: :bow:

One can get heartily sick of various shades of grey everywhere!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Cliffy B

Not bad!  But I honestly thought after reading the thread title they might have gone with WWII Typhoon camo.  Green and gray and gray mmmmmmm  :mellow:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

TallEng

Its a very odd looking colour Green isn't it?
I always thought 3 Sqns Green was an Emerald Green. and only Green
Where did the Red and Yellow come from?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

NARSES2

Good to see one in colour but they've probably blown half the squadrons 12/13 budget doing it  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on May 01, 2012, 09:16:05 PM

It will have faded a bit since 1912 though, won't it?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Quote from: TallEng on May 01, 2012, 09:16:05 PM
Where did the Red and Yellow come from?

Regards
Keith

The 3 Sqn bars are green and yellow, as is the emblem. Dunno about the red, but it's a nice contrasting colour so it might just be because it looks good.

QO-C in her "normal" attire (from wiki):
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Martin H

Understated (how very 3sqn) but nice.

I doubt the aviation workshop will be first with the decals for the scheme thou.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

markmarples

the actual painted jet is zj936 qo-c this is the CO's jet

they swaped them a while ago zj922 is now a 'spares' jet after a bird stirke? i think

as to the scheme, im not convinced, but i prefer it to the new 100sqn hawk one
Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

Knightflyer

What does the new 100 squadron hawk look like? I can only find pictures of the 90th anniversary (2007?) which was a bit OTT and then of one in 2008 which had a blue/yellow cheatline (go faster stripe!  ;)  ) down the side
As mention above, where does the red come from, green and yellow yes, but the red?
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Martin H

Quote from: Knightflyer on May 03, 2012, 05:08:09 AM
What does the new 100 squadron hawk look like?

try this

The photo came from here
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

That's pretty half hearted after the all-over WWII camo version.

My photo

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Thanks for that Martin, presumably based on the squadron's wartime markings? Although I've just had a quick scan of profiles and I can't see anything similar (it was only a quick scan mind!) The squadron's Lancaster codes were 'HW'

As for the 19 squadron Hawk, yes I've got those decals in the stash somewhere.....so many model kits, so little time!
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Mossie

IIRC the military bureaucracy gets a bit nuts with special schemes for the RAF & RN.  Approval has to be sought at the highest echelons and generally no more than 25% is allowed to be covered without special permission, like the all over camo Hawk.  I think there was all sorts of hoops to jump through for that one, non-standard scheme, trainer wearing camouflage.  I would have hoped that the stops would have been pulled out for the 100 year anniversarys coming up, but it doesn't seem like it.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.