Arrrrrrrrrr! Me hearties

Started by nev, July 14, 2004, 11:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Geoff, I tend to do an hour or two in the evening sat in the kitchen listening to the radio.  That, and the fact that since Isaac was born I've not had the time to do all the stuff I want to do, so my Xbox has hardly been used the last 6 months, meaning that I've concentrated almost exclusively on modelling.

Chris, happy to hear you're getting that Hunter - you'll not be disapointed  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Davey B

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!  :ar:  :ar:  :ar:  :ar:  :ar:  :ar:

Ye be onto a winner there, me hearty!
:ar:  :ar:  :ar:  :ar:  

nev

I guess I should also point out the obvious fact that she's not in jolly rogers markings.........  :ar:

The kit came with 2 decal sheets.  The VF-84 ones were horrible and matt and had no glue on them and so didn't stick to anything.  So I had to use the other sheet which was nice and glossy and went on lovely  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Looking good, Nev !

A beautiful job on a beautiful aeroplane....dead sexy !

What scale is it ? 72nd ? Or is that 380 box that big ?

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

The F-4 is definitely not sexy :P , unless you like two-baggers (one for her/him and one for you in case the first bag rips) :ph34r: . But it's a cool airplane, the triumph of thrust over aerodynamics.  B)

5 models, eh? I have six models on my workspace, in different phases of completion. Two of them are virtually complete, and just need me to sit down and do about 10-15 minutes work.  :rolleyes: Another one is just waiting a few parts, and a fourth is ready to be mounted and rigged. The last two are still a-buildin'. I try to model, but have to suffer my TV-addicted wife's  :blink:  contant pleas to come watch the idiot box.  :wacko:
"Here, you'll want to see this."
"Come sit with me and talk!"
"Don't you want to be with me?"

And in the same hobby room the larger part is dedicated to her scrapbooking hobby, which she hasn't touched in months.  :(  One of these days I'm calling to cancel our cable subscription.  :angry:

Anyway, enough whining. Cool plane! Great job building it!

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

nev

QuoteWhat scale is it ? 72nd ? Or is that 380 box that big ?
Yep, 1/72.  The A380 box is about the same size as a typical 1/32 jet fighter box  :tank:

QuoteThe F-4 is definitely not sexy

Heretic!!  Burn him!!!

Scooterman

QuoteThe F-4 is definitely not sexy

Heretic!!  Burn him!!!
WOT THE FECK?!?!?!?!? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

NOT SEXY?!?!?!?  ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?

If mounting an aircraft wasn't taboo, I'd scrog a Phantom any day! :wub:  :wub:

(thinking I just crossed a line here........)

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hey Nev
Did you get any response from the mods when you entered the GB over on ARC... ? Great 'toom you got there. See my post into the 'Show us your Phantoms' thread.... pics soon (well Monday...)

Dork
How the years have flown, eh ?

I H-G Getting all nostalgic... :(

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

The Rat

Beauty one Nevster! And Phantoms aren't pretty, nor are they ugly, they're Phantoms, in a class by themselves.  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

QuoteLook at those sexy curves  :wub:
Look at that fantastic decalling job, too!

Sleek!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Patrick H

My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air