From an Idea by Sir Sydney Camm and Tophe (finished)

Started by TallEng, May 11, 2012, 11:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallEng

As I expect most of you know, Tophe occasionally produces drawings of somewhat esoteric aircraft  designs ;D
A little while ago one of them caught my eye, so I right clicked and saved it.
Yesterday (when all my troubles seemed so far away....) ;D I decided I needed to build it. :thumbsup:

This is what Tophe and Sir Sydney Camm had in mind;

And these photos show my start at producing it in the plastic: :party:

The last one shows My 3Sqn Hurricane for size comparison.

Now when I started it, I had no idea what colour scheme it would have or
even what sort of mission it would undertake, Oh and it hasn't got a name yet either :rolleyes:
You can see I've really thought this one through :o I didn't just charge in and start cutting plastic! (much)
But I did remember that Tophe doesn't like Weapons, so after a bit of thought, It seems that it should
become a mail plane, to carry the post to the far flung bits of the planet that where coloured Pink,
and therefore part of the 'Empire' in the late 30's early 40's.

Comments, suggestions, brickbats etc greatfully received :cheers:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Go4fun

What a lovely bit of kitting and WhIffery. Are you going to use four landing gear or all six?  Myself I love it. But then if you've seem my ideas you know I'm not the best judge of what is sensible!  ;D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, that's a tremendous start. Good work so far.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

coolpop6307

"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

NARSES2

Well if it's to be a mail 'plane then it just has to be P.O. red maybe with a little black and white cat mascot painted on the side.

Apologies to any non Brits (I feel sorry for you all  ;D) who don't get the reference

Really nice start to it by the way
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

saintkatanalegacy

Ivylicious!™

Tophe

:wub: :wub: :wub: Many thanks and congratulations for your built! :wub: :wub: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

TallEng

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 12, 2012, 01:44:58 AM
Well if it's to be a mail 'plane then it just has to be P.O. red maybe with a little black and white cat mascot painted on the side.

Apologies to any non Brits (I feel sorry for you all  ;D) who don't get the reference

And the pilots name is Pat ;D

Thanks for all the positive comments everybody :thumbsup:
More progress later this week.

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Go4fun

Apologies to any non Brits (I feel sorry for you all  ;D) who don't get the reference

I think this Colonist gets it. I thought our mail trucks should have black applied to them in a skunk pattern also. My Postal Person is a total idiot.

lancer

So, does this go with his little red helicopter???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Go4fun

After taking the nice pills my doctor gave me I think using the two outermost landing gear and the center two gear will be plenty.

TallEng

Quote from: Go4fun on May 12, 2012, 07:53:53 PM
After taking the nice pills my doctor gave me I think using the two outermost landing gear and the center two gear will be plenty.

Well... if you look at the picture showing the underside of the Mailplane Hurricane you will see my modified undercarriage;
I've swapped the position of the legs so that it forms a twin unit under the center of the outer fuselage:

The modified undercarriage is on the left hand side of the picture (which is actually the R/H wing!), :blink:
the center position will be filled in.

Regards
Keith

NARSES2

That's a neat fix for the undercarriage  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 14, 2012, 07:21:23 AM
That's a neat fix for the undercarriage  :thumbsup:
Ditto. Although I wonder at the load of the wing roots at the center fuselage.