Lockheed EC-121P Maritime Patrol Constellation

Started by deathjester, May 17, 2012, 02:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Just finished this - great little kit that really flew together.  Outfitted as a US Navy Patrol Bomber, armed with lightweight torpedoes, Sonobouys, and underwing AGM-12 Bullpup missiles.   Built as a tidbit for the Darkmaster's Empires Twilight

Curiously, there was actually a limited number of anti sub versions built for real!

Army of One

Hey Mr DJ....that looks fantastic....!! What kit n scale....??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester

Revell 1/144 Super Constellation - real nice to build, and very easy to modify.

Captain Canada

Very nice ! Does it have the panel lines or did you add them ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McColm

Wow! Great model, makes my 1/72 build look a bit silly. More filler and sanding, I noticed that the middle fin doesn't have any painted black edging lines, that saves me masking this up.

deathjester

Thanks guys!  All the panel lines are moulded on the kit, I just gave then a gray wash.  Don't feel bad Mr Mcolm, your Connie will be good!  I look forward to comparing notes!

Joe C-P

The Connie is always a lovely bird. Those curvaceous lines, woof! Well done.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

kerick

I see a couple of very curious additions on either side of the sonobouy chutes.  Does this bird have warp drive?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

deathjester

Quote from: kerick on May 21, 2012, 07:28:01 PM
I see a couple of very curious additions on either side of the sonobouy chutes.  Does this bird have warp drive?
Well spotted!  But they are nothing more than extra radio / DF aerials here...