American Army of Liberation Make-shift Gun Truck

Started by Go4fun, May 20, 2012, 09:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go4fun

So I got the first paint on it and had to set it up to see how high I wanted it to set.

That  maylook about right for a 2x4 once the back end comes up to height.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

deathjester

Do you have any bigger wheels and tyres?  Those don't look beefy enough for an Army truck!

Go4fun

I'm looking for something beefier. Every time I look at the instructions  :o I have to change my idea on ride height because this truck is for use in Kansas (As in 'Tractor Wars' my writings). Now Kansas is not all flat wheat fields despite what people say but you have to hunt for really rough terrain.
The best hunting camoflage for year round has lots of gray and vertical orientation on the vetical surfaces to blend both with crops and woodlines. The top os much the same but runs fore and aft for the most part.
The key words here are "Make-shift". ie: taking the farm pickup and making it suitable for use in Gorilla/ Hit & Run tactics.

deathjester

Hmm, how about fitting a longer rear axle, and doubling up the back wheels?  Should give it the 'modified for heavy duty look' !
Don't Dodge Rams have back axles like that standard?

Go4fun

The one thing I liked about the last series Army spec Jeep over the HHMMVVWXYZ 'Hummer' was the narrow track and short length. Out here in the midlands it makes it much easier to manuever through the woods and the double tire option would let you think you could fit with the front then wedge the back axel between two obsticals.