Escudo/Vitara/Sidekick: The Raging Rhino.

Started by Sticky Fingers, May 20, 2012, 11:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

Started this 4 years ago, boxed it up when I moved house 2 years ago and decided to finish it yesterday.

(That's how far I got.)

(That's a shot from inside the packing box)

(Today's progress.)

Go4fun

I like it, especially the picture from inside the box.  ;D
What is the canister in back of the passenger seat? And I noticed there is no triangulation in the rear area or side-to-side. Still in the works on that?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Hobbes

Go4fun

Just off-the-wall enough to appeal to me.
I'm 'picking' at the triangulation on your cage so far because I studied enough engineering to be termed either 'Knowledgeable' or 'Dangerous' and have built several stock type racing cars. Triangles are stronger than boxes and triangles in boxes are stronger yet.
I like what you've done so far with what looks like a 'Curbside' kit and can't wait to see the build progress.

Sticky Fingers

Thanks guys.
@ Go4fun:
The canister? Ehm..... noncarbonated drink for the driver, is what I was thinking. Small pump, one-way valve, push button for the driver...  ;D
The rollcage is still a work in progress, by the way.

Did some more work on the fuelcell:

Hoses and connectores are still lose, but you get the idea.

And I added some spaghetti from the silencer to the rear of the car.

Now, nitpickers will start screaming that it'll never work this way because it basically locks the suspencion in place. I say: It's made for the track (or Japanese roads, which tend to be as smooth as the navigation-screen they're shown on), or rather, it's made for the display cabinet next to the tv...  :mellow:

Sticky Fingers

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

I thought it might be like the air filter canister for driver air. I've seen them on different race cars but I can't remember seeing them on a road course vehicle. They feed air to the driver (& Navigator if present) free of Carbon Monoxide and fire. But it is what YOU say it is, right up to a bum cooler!  ;D
Love the details you picked out on the bottom. A 'curbside' can be a bigger challenge to make look good on the bottom being one or few pieces. Can't wait to see more on this.

Sticky Fingers

Re: spare wheel: dude's got for more of those, waiting in the pits. When he's done on the track he pulls in, changes wheels and drives home.
Got an excuse for everything, you see? ;D
I thought it looked real nice like that.

Bit more detailing to do, and one or two decals, so we aren't there yet, but we're getting there.

NARSES2

Now I know nowt about cars and trucks, but that's looking good  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sticky Fingers

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 27, 2012, 02:30:17 AM
Now I know nowt about cars and trucks
Neither do I, mate, neither do I.
Quote, but that's looking good  :thumbsup:
Thanks! I'm happy with it so far.

And having mated the red bit with the black and white bit and having put the four rolling things on the corners, I'm even more happy with it!

Some small details left (side mirrors, blinkers and a couple of decals) and it's done.

Go4fun

How did the rollover cage finish out? I know you don't want a full race cage in a car you drive daily. (Don't ask how I know this)! But with no back seat you have room for a little improvement.

PR19_Kit

'....four rolling things on the corners.....'! :thumbsup: ;D :lol:

LOVE it!  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 27, 2012, 01:27:42 PM
'....four rolling things on the corners.....'! :thumbsup: ;D :lol:

LOVE it!  ;)

Yup, Mr Sticky obviously shares the same level of knowledge about all things cars and trucks as I do  ;D

Sticky Fingers

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I added the chimneys today:

@ Go4Fun: When th' car is done I'll bring out the proper pixel accumulating device and take a couple of close-ups. Looks quite nice, and yes, I added one extra bar to triangelerize the cage behind the seats.