Another Vought (Blackburn) Corsair from Kitbasher

Started by kitbasher, May 22, 2012, 01:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comrade harps

A nice job of recycling there - and perfectly believable.   :thumbsup:
Whatever.

kitbasher

Meant to add in the back story that the Corsair development came about as a result of the cancellation of the Firebrand project when the Royal Navy realised that a large torpedo fighter was not what it needed, although development of the Wyvern would continue because of its superior performance , development potential and stores carrying capability.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

bobbo

NARSES2

Really nice one that, just shows what can be done with some of these older kits  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave I think my Alt 45/46 scenario may have been in an old Newsletter. I definately wrote a 2 parter for it and Martin published it. I've built loads of extended Far East WWII but not sure I've actually posted a full scenario. Something I need to do
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 14, 2012, 02:35:21 AM
Dave I think my Alt 45/46 scenario may have been in an old Newsletter. I definately wrote a 2 parter for it and Martin published it. I've built loads of extended Far East WWII but not sure I've actually posted a full scenario. Something I need to do

Thanks for the kind words, y'all.  Maybe not my best whif but as I said it was a build I've wanted to do for a while - just to see what it would look like!  Anyway, will be starting another 'need to get that one off my chest before my head bursts' build very soon.

Chris I've found it - I was thinking of your China 46 thread at http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,35196.msg560168.html#msg560168.  Definitely a Theme Build candidate subject if ever I saw one!
;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Yup 45/46 is an ongoing theme for me. I'll probably try and knock up a quick timeline for the next Newsletter and then put it on here. Thought I'd done one but I havn't  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

So.  31/2 years of not being happy with the front end of this model and pondering how to fix it.  All sorts of ideas ranging from scrapping to fitting a whole new nose unit to what I've actually done, which is to remove the propeller, cut back the extreme front of the fitted engine, reshape the top of the cowling and add a plasticard disc of the front.
The problem was that the prop as originally fitted - or more precisely the spinner cap (made from a drop tank) was a fraction too big and frankly a little too blunt for my liking.  It will be replaced by a prop and spinner from a Revell Tempest (thanks Lee), with the prop blades cut down slightly and tips reshaped to match what was originally fitted.
You cannot view this attachment.

kitbasher

Not brilliant, but much better.  Pointier prop spinner cap probably would have looked better, but I'm content it's a big improvement.

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

DogfighterZen

Yes, i totally agree, a big improvement! Looks very good! :thumbsup:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2