Fokker F-28 COD/Tanker

Started by Hobbes, May 29, 2012, 01:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Looking good. I love this style of aeroplane.

:cheers:

Hard to tell in that pic if the bottom is darker or just shadow....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Harro, I would go with White OVER light gull grey, have a look at the C-9 Nightingale, or C-2 Greyhound as reference... I'm guessing you're looking to place the F-28 in that 'bracket'

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

PR19_Kit

The US Navy DC9s were white over grey, so perhaps it's to indicate a transport role?

[Later] Hah, Ian had the same idea  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Excellent: I hadn't thought of the C-9. That's settled it, I've painted the fuselage white today. If all goes well, I'll have another Fokker 100 kit coming in tomorrow that I can steal the engines from.

I doubt I'll be able to finish this in time for Telford, but I'm going to try and get it painted and the engines and undercarriage attached at least.

PR19_Kit

Bring it along anyway Harro, if you can. I'm sure we'd all like to see progress 'in the plastic'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 31, 2012, 12:14:00 PMBring it along anyway Harro, if you can. I'm sure we'd all like to see progress 'in the plastic'.

I agree - always good for everyone to see a 'WiP'

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Hobbes

I've just finished airbrushing the underside, 1h30 for that plus some missiles in another color, which is pretty fast by my standards. Paint job isn't the best though, but I was more or less counting on redoing the paintwork after Telford anyway.

Hobbes

Not much going on that's worth showing, mostly PSR on the engines. This is the color scheme (needs repainting, but I'll use these colors):

I'm also building this to show alongside for comparison:

That's the OzMods 1:144 C-2 conversion kit.

Captain Canada

Looking good ! I just love that style of aeroplane.....

The Greyhound looks tiny ! Assuming that's a standard issue laundry pin ( peg ) ! Gonna be neat to see them side by side.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Glad you're carrying on with it, it'll look good against the Greyhound. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

Painted another coat of gray:

Gondor

Looking very nice indeed.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Beauty ! Keep 'er going eh !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jsport