NöNöBärs's What-If Flugwerft (WIP: Greenland Airforce TS-11 Qinngorneq)

Started by nönöbär, June 06, 2012, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

PR19_Kit

A brill idea, that.  :thumbsup:

The blue one is the earlier moulding, Airfix LOVED that colour styrene for some reason, but it got pretty brittle sometimes.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It's already starting to look like a real one.

The light blue plastic meant that as a kid I didn't have to paint the underneath.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nönöbär

While the Dornier bomber is still under heavy construction, a new plane left NöNö Bär's Flugwerft:

A Lufthansa Boeing 247. The German Lufthansa had two of those planes in the 1930s. So not really a What-If, but at least less known one.

The model is a 1:72 William Brothers kit. which seems to be pretty old. The quality was not that good and the resulting model - well I have made better ones  ;D
Painted with Revel Aqua Color and decals are form the spare part box (I think from a Italieri Ju-52)

My complete Lufthansa 1930s collection so far:

Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Beauty. They all look great together ! Need to add floats and CDN regs. to them tho  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: nönöbär on October 18, 2014, 03:37:47 AM
The model is a 1:72 William Brothers kit. which seems to be pretty old. The quality was not that good and the resulting model - well I have made better ones  ;D

It IS pretty old, yes, maybe 30 years old, maybe even more. But it's the only 247 kit there is AFAIK.

No matter how bad the kit you've done a great job on it, looks really smart, nice one.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 18, 2014, 06:48:40 AM
Quote from: nönöbär on October 18, 2014, 03:37:47 AM

It IS pretty old, yes, maybe 30 years old, maybe even more. But it's the only 247 kit there is AFAIK.

No matter how bad the kit you've done a great job on it, looks really smart, nice one.  :thumbsup: :bow:

I have built it around 1974 and it seemed a good kit to me. Still have it, BTW.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

I like the Boing.  You can see the family resemblance to the B17.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nönöbär

Work on the Do 218 continues.

The gap on the inner wings has been closed with some plastic sheets, next will be some putty & sanding here

The cockpit has been a bit "pimped" as it was pretty empty

The fuselage has been cut into two parts - it will be made a bit longer. The parts show the idea how long it will be.

--------------------

nönöbär

Most work was now invested in the wings, to fill the gap resulting from putting two wings together. So a lot of putty&sanding was required. Parts are just stick together for now.

The hull is now cut in two parts, and first preparations to add an additional sections are done. Additionally, I started to work on some other parts which can be seen so far.

--------------------

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Logan Hartke

I agree. I can't wait to see this one completed.

Cheers,

Logan