NöNöBärs's What-If Flugwerft (WIP: Greenland Airforce TS-11 Qinngorneq)

Started by nönöbär, June 06, 2012, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nönöbär

As its carnival time here in Cologne right now, I guess I have to close NöNö Bärs Flugwerft until next week. All the staff - including my engineer - is away to party. Hope the little bear will not drink too much beer and gets sone strange ideas for new models  ;D
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

nönöbär

While the Mitsubishi is in its final stage of production, another plane leaves NöNö Bärs Flugwerft:

A Gotha Go 244. Developed form the Gotha Go 242 glider, the Go 244 was equipped with two 740hp Gnôme-Rhône-engines - and it was quite a failure. The engines were barley able to keep the empty plane in the air, not very useful for a transport aircraft. Therefore most of the 230+ planes build were "refitted" as gilders again.

I always wanted to build a twin-boom plane, and as the Gotha is quite small compared to other aircraft with this layout, I choose this one.

The model is a 17/2 Italieri kit build OOB and airbrushed with Revel Aqua Colors.

--------------------

PR19_Kit

I like the look of that, excellent work there.  :thumbsup: :bow:

I didn't even know Italeri did that kit, or anyone else for that matter. Hmmm, how about re-engining one with DB 601s?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Beauty. Love the colours. Very well done...nice and clean !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Librarian

A beautiful job and very nice looking plane. Got my eye on that fuselage.... ;D.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

nönöbär

Thanks!

Sadly, I made an error building the model, and now the rear cargo door cannot be opened correctly. You can open it, but then it does not hold in open position. Have to see if this can be fixed.

--------------------

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That looks really good, particularly like the colour scheme
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

After a break, a (non WhatIf) leaves the Flugwerft:

A Czech MiG 19. This is another KP models Kit, quite basic and from the instructions so can see its age. Build OOB, the decals are not the best anymore.

The little - and growing - Mig collection:

Now that the Flugwerft is empty again,  the next What-If is about to start soon.

--------------------

PR19_Kit

I've got a couple of those KP Mig 19s.

Amazingly all the myriad intakes you can see on nönöbär's model are separate parts and need to be glued in position as the build progresses!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Yes, EVERY air scoop is a separate piece. But it's a "honest" solution, the kit is actually pretty good, despite the raised panels and rivets.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..