NöNöBärs's What-If Flugwerft (WIP: Greenland Airforce TS-11 Qinngorneq)

Started by nönöbär, June 06, 2012, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nönöbär

And now the real fun begins....

Painting, masking, painting, masking and so on. Two of 6 colors added. More to come.

Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

SIX colours!? :o

I usually think four is going to extremes! :blink:

Dizzyfugu

The Luftwaffe's Norm '81 scheme for the F-4Fs used no less than six shades of grey - and it was even standardized in two patterns.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 19, 2023, 10:44:17 PMSIX colours!? :o

I usually think four is going to extremes! :blink:

Similar to my initial thoughts and then I thought "he can't be referring to the main camouflage colours", but then I thought "but maybe ?".

I've taken out shares in the producers of masking tape  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

I must correct myself, its only five colors, had to modify it a bit. As its a fictional camo, its ok this way.

And it is no Norm 81 :)

Corrently I am working on adding color number 4. And the exiting part will be when the masking will removed and you can see if there is some kind of deasater or not :)

--------------------

NARSES2

Quote from: nönöbär on November 22, 2023, 03:59:35 AMCorrently I am working on adding color number 4. And the exiting part will be when the masking will removed and you can see if there is some kind of deasater or not :)

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Quote from: nönöbär on November 22, 2023, 03:59:35 AMI must correct myself, its only five colors, had to modify it a bit. As its a fictional camo, its ok this way.

Corrently I am working on adding color number 4. And the exiting part will be when the masking will removed and you can see if there is some kind of deasater or not :)

I tend to think of that moment as "terrifying" rather than "exciting". :-\

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 23, 2023, 01:06:27 AM
Quote from: nönöbär on November 22, 2023, 03:59:35 AMI must correct myself, its only five colors, had to modify it a bit. As its a fictional camo, its ok this way.

I tend to think of that moment as "terrifying" rather than "exciting". :-\

Must admit that my feelings when it comes to peeling the tape away tend towards that as well, but there's a certain  "pump fist in the air" moment if it's worked out well  ;D

Scotaidh

I once tried using candle wax  to mask a wing ...

Worked a treat until I tried to paint the areas that had the wax on them ... none of my paints would stick. 

:banghead:  :banghead:

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

nönöbär

Well, after removing the masking, no big problem occured. A few small patches to fix, but this is ok.

Two more colors are missing, so I now have to re-mask it.

And some time ago I posted the pics of the 3D printer, the dragon-something as it was called. Well, actually it is this:

However, it only looks good form this side, the other is quite ugly. So I have to reprint this in several parts, hope this will work better.

--------------------

NARSES2

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 26, 2023, 05:46:14 AMCamouflage looks good  :thumbsup:

It certainly does! :thumbsup:

The stub-wings look like they'll turn out pretty good, too! :lol: