NöNöBärs's What-If Flugwerft (WIP: Greenland Airforce TS-11 Qinngorneq)

Started by nönöbär, June 06, 2012, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nönöbär

Quote from: nighthunter on December 14, 2013, 06:00:01 PMJust an FYI, Boeing had a passenger Liner called the 247, so, how about Me-347?

I know the Boeing 247, I have a model of it somewhere around here. The Lufthansa used two of them in the 1930s, and I want to build it as part of my 1930s Lufthansa collection.

Back to the bomber, the nose now looks almost done (regarding the sanding at least):

And a bit more about the engine layout

Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

Old Wombat

Don't want to go all JMN on you but wouldn't it be better to have the twin-mounted engines inboard, where their mass would put less stress on the wings, with the lighter single engines outboard? :-\

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

nönöbär

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 15, 2013, 08:44:37 AM
Don't want to go all JMN on you but wouldn't it be better to have the twin-mounted engines inboard, where their mass would put less stress on the wings, with the lighter single engines outboard? :-\

:cheers:

Guy
Normally I would agree, the single engines outside like the B-47 had. But as I want to modify them to turboprops, it makes more sense to put them as the inner engines. The twin-mounted ones will get a bit more inside anyway.

--------------------

Father Ennis

Great concept !!!   :wub:  Have you ever considered making your engines pushers ?   I was thinking leave the front pretty much alone and then have your turbo props mounted out the back.

nönöbär

Quote from: Father Ennis on December 15, 2013, 08:45:19 PMGreat concept !!!   :wub:  Have you ever considered making your engines pushers ?   I was thinking leave the front pretty much alone and then have your turbo props mounted out the back.

Interesting Idea....  :cheers:
Have to see, as I still want to try some alternatives for the engines. If nothing works as it should, I can always go back to the original B-47 layout.

Anyway, something different now: I always wanted to have a little diorama stand for making photos, to make them a bit "nicer". So here is my first try - taking some stuff form the model train, a resin base and some parts form the spare parts box:

--------------------

PR19_Kit

That's one BIG old spanner (wrench....) that the guy by the nosewheel is holding! Or is he about to bash something with it?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Nice work on the mini diorama base
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 16, 2013, 02:06:14 AM
That's one BIG old spanner (wrench....) that the guy by the nosewheel is holding! Or is he about to bash something with it?  ;D

Looks like a big C spanner to adjust the swivel flange thrust pivot bearing clearance.

I think the pilot is thinking "start the starboard engine...wait for it...wait for it...NOW!"

Very good.  Adds that little extra to a build.  Must do something similar myself.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

The big bomber is looking awesome.....I like where that is going !

Great work on the dio base. I noticed that giant 'wrench' as well  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nönöbär

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 17, 2013, 08:51:08 PM
The big bomber is looking awesome.....I like where that is going !

Great work on the dio base. I noticed that giant 'wrench' as well  :thumbsup:

It seems the big wrench is liked a lot.
If you cannot fix it with it, you can smash it  ;D ;D ;D

--------------------

nönöbär

With the end-of-December-madness in the office (and Christmas preparations), there was to much time to work on the Me-247 bomber.

Work started on the cockpit and the engines are mostly finished. The inner ones will be turboprops, the outer one jet engines.
The plane should get five twin gun turrets, two on the upper side, two on the lower side and one on the back.

My best engineer packed his staff and now left for this Chirstmas vacation. He said that the goes skiing in the Austrian Alps. So the Flugwerft reopens in early 2014.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

--------------------

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Father Ennis

Have a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year ... !!!

nönöbär

Back from the winter vacation (without any broken legs or arms....), some desperately needed colors have arrived, so I could add the first color to the Me 247:

--------------------

Captain Canada

Really digging the engine layout on this one....keep up the great work ! Glad to hear the crew is back from vacation and ready to work !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?