NöNöBärs's What-If Flugwerft (WIP: Greenland Airforce TS-11 Qinngorneq)

Started by nönöbär, June 06, 2012, 12:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

The P-51 canopy looks weird  :blink: & nice  :wub: on this jet model :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nönöbär

The Megasnark is now painted and all parts are put together (I know, its pretty dark....but not black)

Upside-Down: The start boosters and the recon pod under the nose are visible

It's now waiting for its decals so that it can be put on the launch pad.
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

nönöbär

While my engineer is thinking about some other What-If projects, lets build something small until he comes up with a new idea.

This is what I want to use this time, an 1/72 scale Airfix Saab Draken:

A quite simple kit (and when building it, I got some more ideas, I guess i have to get another one of those models), but painting caused some problems after removing the masking:

Therefore some additional paint work is required.

--------------------

zenrat

I'd forgotten Airfix did a Draken.
Certainly has a low parts count.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Is it a local problem of my browser or somthing general - I cannot see any picture under this thread anymore?  :blink:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 04, 2016, 05:53:50 AM
Is it a local problem of my browser or somthing general - I cannot see any picture under this thread anymore?  :blink:

Everything ok here...
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2016, 03:44:50 AM

Ah but when it came out we thought it was a normal parts count or even a high one  :blink: Nowadays I do think some kits are broken down just to get the parts count up for the magazine reviews. If it increases the accuracy without unduly complicating the build fine, if not then it's a p.i.a.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 04, 2016, 05:53:50 AM

Hmm, I see the pics and they are still on my server as well. Looks like one of those nice brower issues again.... Or is www.german-navy.de blocked on your side?

--------------------

Dizzyfugu

Strangely, the pics are visible again for me!? The Norm '72 Draken looks good, very natural.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 04, 2016, 06:59:00 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 04, 2016, 03:44:50 AM

Ah but when it came out we thought it was a normal parts count or even a high one  :blink: Nowadays I do think some kits are broken down just to get the parts count up for the magazine reviews. If it increases the accuracy without unduly complicating the build fine, if not then it's a p.i.a.

Oh that wasn't a complaint.  I quite like low parts count kits as long as they fit good (he said using his besets grammer).
They are good for knocking up a quick build when you're getting a bit sick of putting together parts that were never meant to go together that have to be beaten into place and then smoothed with 3 or 4 tubes of putty.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

The older models are sometimes not so bad. Even if they have less parts than modern ones.
This kit here is really quite good, it fits very well, I have seen worse in more modern kits.

Now, all the paint jobs have been done, a few smaller parts are missing before getting the decals:

--------------------

nönöbär

While I still need a few parts for the next project, something small in the meantime:

This will be a Betty in Luftwaffe colors. As its a small model (1/144 scale), only few parts have to be build.
So here it is after the hull has been put together and first sanding:

--------------------

nighthunter

Fun little kit, built one to be destroyed by my 1/144 P-38s, lol!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*