Updating a Kawasaki KR1000F (Tamiya, 1:12)

Started by Sticky Fingers, June 15, 2012, 03:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Don't do non-military vehicles, myself (although I have 3 cars in the stash), but I must say that this bike is grabbing my attention.

Keep up the good work, Mr Sticky Fingers! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

She's a beauty alright ! Awesome idea ! I have an RD500 kit that this thread is giving me lots of ideas for.....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sticky Fingers

Thanks guys. The bike is close to being finished. Here's a teaser pic, weather permitting I'll take some propper End of Build pictures outside, tomorrow.

Mossie

Can't wait for the full unveiling.  Showed this to a biker friend of mine, he was very impressed with both the upgrade and the modelling.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Very nice, looking very "Techtro" indeed  :mellow: But was you tempted to stick a turbo on it  :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Steel Penguin

very nice. and i like the "sponsor" decals on it rather subtle
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Sticky Fingers

Thanks a lot, guys, daylight endpics in a minute!
@ Chris: for a few moments, yes:

;D

Now, I had the nagging feeling that I forgot something, and then it hit me: Kickstand!

And now, after taking endpics, I discover I missed another trick. How the hell am I going to start this thing (if it were real, and I was 1/12)? No kickstart, no ignition. Oh well. Legwork it is.

Anyway, here goes:

And one for the centrefold:

;)

NARSES2

Never ridden a motor bike (Lambretta's don't count I suppose - showing my age) but I've always liked them and this is some looker. Well done sir  :bow:

Chris

PS - I had to rewrite that line at least 5 times because of all the possible inuendos and double meanings from the words biker and bike  !!!! Geez, you lot and your farmyard minds  ;D ;D :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

That's an excellent job - well done!  Love all the little bits of added/changed detail :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chris: of course a Lambretta counts! My mum and dad had a lambretta and a Vespa respectively (they wern't mods though) and I've got a Gilera Runner in the shed (neither am I). ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on July 29, 2012, 08:04:18 AM
Chris: of course a Lambretta counts! My mum and dad had a lambretta and a Vespa respectively (they wern't mods though) and I've got a Gilera Runner in the shed (neither am I). ;D

I'm a little to young to have been a Mod, although older cousins were. The Lambretta was a cool way to get to school in sixth form. Everything went ok until me and a mate took it apart. When we put it back together I had at least a dozen bits left over so I sold it  :wacko: :blink: Then the optician told me my stygmatism made me lethal on the road so it was public transport for me from then on in.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sticky Fingers

Thanks for your praise, gents!

Oh, and nothing wrong with a Lambretta. Especially a 200 kph one...

Some 'arty farty' pics of the Kawasaki:

NARSES2

Mossie

Ver' nice! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Nice to see something out of the ordinary, on these pages at least.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sticky Fingers

chrisonord

Proper looking bike that one, you certainly did it proud. So when is the renthal bars and turbo going on it :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!