Updating a Kawasaki KR1000F (Tamiya, 1:12)

Started by Sticky Fingers, June 15, 2012, 03:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Fingers

Thanks guys!
Just to show my appreciation, here's a dry fit so that you can see what I have in mind. Rideheight (front as well as the rear) is still to be determined, it will however be lower rather than higher... :mellow:

edit:

The following was definitely not what I had in mind, but when I removed the cowling and the seat unit it after the last picture it got slammed down like this. So I helped it along a bit. Whatcha reckon? It's good to know I seem to have options, Long Live Dry-fits! ;D

I rather like it, and with a little modification it looks even better with the green fronty bit with the lights! Maybe a belly pan, too? Hmm...
Quite a reach to the handlebars though...

Not sure yet. Sporty? Or FrankenBike?

Mossie

Both the sport bike and the chopper crowds would have you hung and have nasty things done to your dangly bits for that!  Means it's got to be done!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sticky Fingers

This is the definite ride height, rear. The shock absorber is a mishmash of KR1000F and ZX-12R.
The drag/chop/race-bike idea will have to wait but I can show you what bike will be slaughtered for that:

Ye olde skool!

Sticky Fingers

Some work on the handlebars.
Standard KR1000F Handlebars look like this:

I gave it some of this:

And some of that:

And now it looks like this:

Mossie

Quote from: Sticky Fingers on July 14, 2012, 12:40:40 PM
This is the definite ride height, rear. The shock absorber is a mishmash of KR1000F and ZX-12R.
The drag/chop/race-bike idea will have to wait but I can show you what bike will be slaughtered for that:

Ye olde skool!

Shame!  But looking forwarding to seeing what happens with the Z2. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sticky Fingers

After this bike is done i'm joining a groupbuild on another forum (but I'll be posting updates here as well, on the scifi-subforum) and once that is finished I'll probably start on the Z2.
For now: here's the endresultof the work on the handlebars:

Next up it's the forks. Decided not to use the scratchbuild ones because their amateurish looks will stand out like a sore thumb on this bike, so I put those to the side and they might end up on de drag Kawa.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sticky Fingers

Thankya, thankyaverymuch :mellow:

This is the new exhaust: Normally the endcan sits on the "chain" side of the bike, so ofcourse I placed it on the "shock" side...

Sticky Fingers

Sticky Fingers

Fork, handlebars, oil-cooler (again, not the one provided in the box) in place:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sticky Fingers

Thanks. And what do you think of the bike?

;D

Anywho, since I turned the slick wearing racer into a law abiding road cruiser, I needed to add some parts that definitely not in the kit.

There you go, licence pate, indicators and rear lights. Not very happy with the plate, but it was the only one I had that was big enough. Problem is: every once in a while I get the shakes and I can't paint freehand. When does that happen? Well, when you need to paint a straight green border on that one last decal...

Fuel tank is almost done:

Couple more days and I can call this one done.

NARSES2

Sticky Fingers

Making progress like a madman, here! Plenty of time since the bossman waved an "end of contract"-contract in my face  :angry:

Soooooo whaddowehave so far?

You need to be able to tell how much that speedingticket is gonna cost you, so some clocks might be handy:

Testfit of the fueltank:

And lastly: the front cowl is being fixed in place: