Re: NöNö Bärs Shipyard (WIP: Dutch Coast Defense ship, still unnamed)

Started by nönöbär, June 23, 2012, 01:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

nönöbär

@NARSES2: From what I saw, its 1/350 scale only
@Old Wombat: Looks intersting, but I never used PE parts to make AA guns. I guess its quite a challange in this scale

Finally, I got a working support structure for the bow. Had to enhance it a bit with hand-cut plastic sheets as I did not get the printer to print it as I wanted it to be. Now working on a structure for the stern.
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

NARSES2

Quote from: nönöbär on April 14, 2019, 05:22:54 AM

@Old Wombat: Looks intersting, but I never used PE parts to make AA guns. I guess its quite a challange in this scale

I think it would be a steep learning curve for sure with a high failure rate, initially at least. They'd be tiny, way beyond my fingers for certain.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

I am now working n the backward support structure for the flight deck, and again, the printer does not seem to like that I have designed. Prints failed so far.

In the meantime, I made some mounts for heavy !! guns which can be added to the flight deck.

Testprint:

Added four of them to the flight deck, Plan is to put the 10,5 cm guns there later.

Some planes for the air wing have arrived. I first wanted to get some 3D printed ones from Shapeways as my printer cannot print such tiny aircraft. But i then got those three boxes quite cheap - 4,50€ per box.

--------------------

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nönöbär

I finally managed to complete the support structure at the stern. Like for the thing I made for the bow, it could not be printed competently, the diagonal struts were added in the conventional way.

Here is the evolution of the structure element with various test prints until  i got it right. The one in the middle is the final one. Some are made with different color filament which was just in the printer at that time for other prints.

The complete hanger upside down. Parts can be glued with super glue or normal plastic glue.

Hangar on top of the hull:

--------------------

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

nönöbär

Before painting, i will now add a few PE parts to the hangar, starting with some doors:

Those tiny Trumpeter aircraft are nice, but horrible to build. The Me 109 consist of 6 parts: Fuselage, wings, two wheels, drop tank and propeller. All to be added in this small scale. The wheels are tricky, i already lost three of them when they simply jumped away into nowhere....

I still have to build one of those Fi-167.

--------------------

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nönöbär

@Captain Canada: Maybe i need some off-road planes for it....  ;D

Work continued on the hangar structure by adding some more PE parts. But more or less its done now.

I still have no real good idea for the light AA guns. The PE ones from Voyager look quite good, but i have not found a shop where you could get them.

In the meantime, I added the heavy AA guns to the flight deck and continued with the aircraft:

--------------------

NARSES2

Great work, especially with the P.E. and the aircraft  :thumbsup: