Re: NöNö Bärs Shipyard (WIP: Dutch Coast Defense ship, still unnamed)

Started by nönöbär, June 23, 2012, 01:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

They could be fired up tubes built into the superstructure perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

If you wanted to hide the installation you could fire the missiles up a dummy funnel from a rotary carousel.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Two of the larger RFAs in their fleet, Fort George and Fort Victoria, had missile launchers installed in the central citadel where the RASing was controlled from. IIRC they were meant to fire Harpoons vertically, but the missiles were never carried or even trialled.

I know this for sure because I saw the launcher bays with my own eyes while being given a tour of the ship.  ;) ;)

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Caveman

I'm pretty sure they were for self defence and are therefore more likely to be seawolf or seaviper. Noting the lack of Sampson radar (and build date) my guess would be seawolf.
secretprojects forum migrant

PR19_Kit

My guide, who was the ship's weapons officer, mentioned Harpoons more than once..........

Regards
Kit

nönöbär

Well, lets return to the original subject of this thread as its a bit captured now... :)

The flight-deck & hangar are now attached to the hull and the rangefinders (Wackeltöpfe) have been added. Almost looks like a carrier now

The air wing has grown, and the flight deck is filling up with aircraft:

Maybe you have noticed, besides the Me109, Ju 87 and Fi167, there is something new on the flight deck - a He 280.

As I mentioned before, my FDM printer cannot print little things in 1/700 scale. So I got another 3D printer, an Anycubic Photon. This is a Resin printer which uses liquid resin to create objects. While the printer itself was about the same price as the FDM printer (less than 400€), running costs of those kind of printers is much higher as the resin is about 50€ / liter.
Working with this kind of machines is much more messy than a FDM printer, a lot more maintenance is required after printing. But the result is quite good, here is the first attempt of the He 280:

Painted and compared with some bought 1/700 planes (Trumpeter)

And this is how the machine looks like that makes the prints:

I am now working on the island structure, paint it and add the last details to it.

Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

nönöbär

Quote from: salt6 on June 30, 2019, 07:56:43 AM
Just picked up a 3D printer myself.  What software are you using to design your parts?  I've been playing with the online Tinkercad.  Looking for something just a little bit more flexable.

What kind of printer do you have. I now run two machines here, Anycubic Mega for FDM and Anycubic Photon for resin. The carrier parts are all desgined with Tinkercad, for those very geometrical and simple parts, this was ok. For my other running project, the Kaulquappe spaceship I also used Tinkercad to design it from start, but I think this is comming to the limits of Tinkercad. But I have not found aynthing else that had a nice and easy learning curve.

--------------------

nönöbär

Finally the island is attached to the rest of the ship - and now it looks like a real aircraft carrier.

Only a few smaller parts until the air wing can fly to the carrier. And of course, most of the crew is still missing.

--------------------

nönöbär

Now starting with the rigging and slowly adding the aircraft on the deck.

--------------------

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

Ship: completed
Rigging: done
Aircraft: ready on the deck
Crew: Arghhhh - those tiny PE sailors are missing.....

Besides the Trumpeter Me109, Ju87 and Fi167, I 3d printed a few He 280 jet fighters to add them on board

Working on the crew now....

--------------------

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Quote from: nönöbär on July 28, 2019, 05:37:41 AM

Crew: Arghhhh - those tiny PE sailors are missing.....

Have you had a look in the local pub ?  :cheers: ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.