Re: NöNö Bärs Shipyard (WIP: Dutch Coast Defense ship, still unnamed)

Started by nönöbär, June 23, 2012, 01:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

nönöbär

@NARSES2: Yes, you were right, they were in the pub, so they now slowly come back anf fill up the flight deck

And for the name - it will be "Manfred von Richthofen"
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

NARSES2

Quote from: nönöbär on August 04, 2019, 04:51:04 AM

And for the name - it will be "Manfred von Richthofen"

Whence the red Me  :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got the crew out of the pub. They make a huge difference to the whole scene, really brings it to life  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nönöbär

The He280 are prepared on the flight deck

--------------------

zenrat

This is looking better and betterer.
Are you painting the crew or do they come pre coloured?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nönöbär

Quote from: zenrat on August 11, 2019, 03:54:06 AM
This is looking better and betterer.
Are you painting the crew or do they come pre coloured?

Painting them in 1:700 sclae? No chance - at least for me. They are prepainted, Eduard makes a lot of those sets in various scales, they are about 10-15€ per set.

--------------------

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

This is looking great now: well done!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 24, 2019, 02:16:51 PM
My guide, who was the ship's weapons officer, mentioned Harpoons more than once..........

To the best of my knowledge, Harpoon has never been available in a vertically launched format, although it was discussed. If you look at even the biggest US cruisers, with over 100 VLS silos, the Harpoons are still installed in the standard pair of 45 deg quad launch cannisters.

The RFA 'Forts' were definitely fitted for-but-not-with 32 Seawolf tubes in the midships structure: two fire-control systems would go on the roofs of the fore and aft superstructure. It's quite possible that there was also a plan to fit Harpoon cannisters somewhere amidships too (never heard of it though); there's certainly any number of places they'd fit.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nönöbär

Searching for 3D models on Thingiverse, I found the HMS Thunderchild (from War of the Worlds), so I thought "cool, want to make it". But taking a closer look, this ship was more or less a SMS Siegfrid class battleship, so I decided to make it as such.

Printed in scale 1:700 (waterline only), with the Anycubic Mega FDM printer, it printed quite good, however, some smaller parts did not do so well. Therefore I printed a few parts - like the smaller guns with the Anycubic Photon SLA printer - which can produce a much  more detailed output. At the time when I printed the complete ship, I did not had the SLA printer so I could not use it.

The model was enhanced with a few parts from the spare part box for the masts, I also replaced the 3D printed boats with some from the spare parts as well. The crew is PE as usual.

Zooming into the model, it looks a bit messy, but from the normal viewing distances, its quite good.

The following 3D-Models were used:

HMS Thunderchild  by  Skimbal, (Published on Apr 17, 2015) www.thingiverse.com/thing:775961/

--------------------

NARSES2

nönöbär

After building the "Manfred von Richthofen", there are a lot of used Kriegsmarine ship models areound here. So lets try to build something form it - a "Schweres Panzerschiff" - an extended succerssor of Admiral Graf Spee and its sister ships.

To start with, I will use a hull of a motorized Bismarck, I think the scale is 1:800. This will result in a 210 meter ship in 1:700 scale. About 30 meters longer than the original Panzerschiff.
Armament will be 12 x 20cm guns in tripple turrets. The turrets will be 3d printed like several parts of the superstructure, altough I want to maintain a bit of the look&feel of the orignal Panzerschiffe.

The first deck is 3d printed with the FDM printer, the final version of it looks like this:

It took a few test models to get the right shape of it:

One of the 28cm gun turrets, printed on the the FDM printer. This is only a rough test to see if I got the size right as the FDM printer cannot print it in the required detail:

A set of 28cm gun turrets printed with the SLA printer. Printing time with the SLA printer only depends on the height of the model, so I always make more 3d objects just in case I break one:

The 3D model of the gun turret is extracted from the 3d model of the Admiral Graf Spee from WoWs.

--------------------

NARSES2

nönöbär

When printing the 28cm turrets, I found out that some of them had a few issues, so I have to print a few more to get some "good" ones.

In the meantime, I started to begin painting hull and first deck:

--------------------

NARSES2

tigercat

Very nice . You could build a fair  few  coastal batteries with  the extra turrets . ;D