Pudding spattered individual to build mech.

Started by puddingwrestler, June 28, 2012, 03:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Right. After a lot of wargames stuff it is once more time to gird up my loins and whiff! And what better way to return that to scratch built a retro wierd war 2 style mech? There is no better way I say! Supplies will be procured and things hit with hammers! School term terminates tommorow! Two glorious weeks of whiffage!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

bobbo

Sending out for pizza and beer, setting up easy chair & big monitor in anticipation . . .

bobbo

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

philp

I also have got to watch this one.

Have been fighting on the idea of a walking Sherman based mech for some time.  Found a good image on the web but don't like the arms on it.

Also like some of the Dust versions but the legs are too bulky for me.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

Heh. Every time i decide to build a mech, out come your sherman mch plans...

philp

That's because every time I can't figure out how to do the legs so I will like them  :banghead:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kerick

I like the first image of the Sherman with arms. Needs a little bit more like hands than claws and it would be great.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

puddingwrestler

The first step in the building of a WW2 German Mech is... harnessing the power of modern technology to get the shape right!
Being remarkably bad at working out precise measurements and angles for armour plates, I have cunningly designed the hull of the mech in Google Sketchup, then, using the cunning FLATTERY plugin, unfolded the model and printed it out on paper for templates! Ah, the glories of modern technology!

puddingwrestler

Und here ve are previlaged to zee der great Valkpanzer faktory of Puddinsch Und Wrestlier during der producktion of der new Valkpanzer!
Patterns are used mit typically teutonic pressions. All verk is overseen (as per Valkpanzer Ministirum Regulation XFS-9976/41) by a gang of fully qualified engineers who, for reasons of der security to fool der verdamnt tommy spies are dressed as medieval mice.

Der hull assembly is completed und weapons and leg mounts are mocked up.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

puddingwrestler

Now affectionately named 'Dumbo' here's the porgress. Now I am off to Google Translate to work up an impressively teutonic sounding name.

puddingwrestler

These legs have been specifically constructed for the purpose of walking, and that's just what they'll do...

Further armour, engines etc.

arkon

how is gonna walk while poopin a thing out the back?
no really ,great work.
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

puddingwrestler

You refer to the Type 82 mobilen gepanzerten Anzug Stuhl? That's only there to help it stand up until the legs are done.
Which they are, but there is no photographic evidence! Bwahahahaha!