A 'Virtually' Whiffed Herk

Started by PR19_Kit, June 29, 2012, 10:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The darn thing's in place now gents, but thanks for the ideas anyway.

I used a cut down sticky pad on the end of an ice cream stick to stop it escaping, worked a treat.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow...you sure are putting alot of work into this ! Looking good ! Nice to see a Herc build on the go. For such a widely used a/c, we don't see enough of them !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Sadly I'm now behind schedule on the Herk, and I doubt I'll be able to right back on it as soon as I get home. I'll take advice from the medics on that of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Batman10

The plugs are for the old airfix kit.
An Airplane is just a collection of spare parts flying in close formation in relation to each other.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Batman10 on March 13, 2017, 11:25:57 PM

The plugs are for the old airfix kit.

They were designed for the old Airfix kit, but Flightpath would have us believe that they also work on the Italeri one too.

They don't........

You'll have noticed that there's been a five year hiatus on this build for various reasons, not the least being that the intended recipient turned out not to be too keen on the idea.

But this week I'll be seeing my fellow conspirator in the scheme and we'll decide what's going to happen to the model, built or not.

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Good luck at your meeting ! I'll throw my .2 cents in, you've come this far, fought this hard ( in between lay offs ) and it's nearing the end, so go for it !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I think the wings need to be longer... ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

As I'm on a 'Large Model' kick at the moment, I thought I'd haul out the 'Virtually Whiffed Herk' from its hiding place and see if it's worth carrying on with it. My fellow conspirator in the original scheme said he'd like to see it done eventually, even if it remained in my keeping, and I'm inclined to agree, so I'll continue with this one after the current two projects get done.

After examination it will still need a lot of work to fair the Flightpath bits into the Italeri fuselage, but I reckon I can do it. After all, I just did that blasted beaching trolley.  ;D

As luck would have it, some of the Eduard etch for the Herk's cargo floor will suit the weapon loading platform on the Monterey, result!  :thumbsup:

What with the Monterey, the Snoopy Too A400-M and now this Herk it looks like I'll DEFINITELY need some larger shelves before much longer!  :o

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 17, 2017, 12:52:58 AM
What with the Monterey, the Snoopy Too A400-M and now this Herk it looks like I'll DEFINITELY need some larger shelves before much longer!  :o

I found the sides of Ikea's Billy-series of bookshelves (the tall ones) to be perfect wall shelves, with the right bracing.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on August 17, 2017, 02:47:51 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 17, 2017, 12:52:58 AM

I found the sides of Ikea's Billy-series of bookshelves (the tall ones) to be perfect wall shelves, with the right bracing.

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. It's YEARS since I've been in an Ikea store, it'll be like going back in time.  ;D

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

But the Ikea Billy are only 28 cm deep. Ikea stopped doing the 38 cm model at least 2 years ago (at least on the continent), too narrow for your planes.
And I think it would cost more than a plywood board cut to measure in a DIY store.
Here (I am in France at the moment) big DIY stores (like Leroy Merlin) have 200 x 40 or 50 cm boards, 2 cm thick,  for 10 euro or less. I used many of those for various shelves or work surfaces.
And NOT the dreadful material called Medium Density Board or similar, unnecessarily heavy.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.