pusher bi-plane

Started by arkon, June 30, 2012, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkon

the idea behind this one is that ww1 goes longer and tank devolopement goes further than it did rw,so to counter that tank busters come along.it will be german because i got a nifty sheet of lozange(?) pattern decals to use for it. not sure if it will have a frame rear end with wheels on lower wings outboard and tail wheel or wings on lower wings and a frame in front for a trycycle type gear. hmmmm. any thoughts?
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

NARSES2

Liking the thinking behind this. 1919 is a very fertile ground for Wiffery.

As for the undercarriage I'd go for a simple Fe 2 type which would give it that WWI mix of old and new or perhaps a "trousered" undercarriage to set of what look like quite sleek lines.

PS love the "help" holding the wing in place  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TallEng

I agree, what a delightfully delicious idea :thumbsup: my thoughts for the undercarriage were more along the lines of Farmen M.F.7 Longhorn, with those big skids to prevent nosing over.
Looking forward to the finished item!

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Old Wombat

You want the front clear for shooting at tanks & trenches (you think it wouldn't be used for that? :blink:) & you'll have your guns (What size? How many?) to the front.

So, rear frame for the rudders & elevators, though not necessarily in "box" form, which would make it a tail-sitter & relatively ungainly looking.

Or!!! You could join your wings with your vertical stab's & rudders, & give it a streamlined tricycle undercarriage!!!!!! ;D

:cheers:

Guy

PS: Are you going to be doing the wing-frame ridging - remember, fabric wings were the norm (even for military aircraft) almost up to WW2.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

arkon

gonna go with a tricycle landing gear an probly some rudders in between the wings.

arkon

under carrige so far

workin on nose gear will post some after the great day,july 4.

Old Wombat

Oh, I forgot.... You may need canards.... Unless you go with elevons. ;)

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

arkon

ta-daaaaaa , canards! and a new muzzle brake for the 37 mm anti-tank gun and some maybe not yet sure vert stabs.

sequoiaranger

>hmmmm. any thoughts?<

Despite the "suspension of disbelief" inherent in whiffery, WW I airplanes were pretty "flimsy"---that anti-tank cannon is going to have to be well-secured so it doesn't scoot right out the back of the plane on recoil!!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

arkon

sq= i see your point, thats why they made th airframe shorter, save some weight so they could stiffen it all up :thumbsup:

dumaniac

Mossie

Looks good!  Your first pic made me think WWI X-Wing, although now you've got the stabilisers on it's looking more like the MiG-8 Utka.  Funky little thing. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

Quote from: Mossie on November 21, 2012, 01:45:15 AM
Looks good!  Your first pic made me think WWI X-Wing, although now you've got the stabilisers on it's looking more like the MiG-8 Utka.  Funky little thing. :thumbsup:

This does look MiG ish!.....and very good too.  Perhaps this is what the  Soviet   air force used against Japanese tanks at Khalkhin Gol/Nomonhan.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Glad this has started moving again  :thumbsup:

As for heavy guns, why not have the gun fire a counter balance to the rear ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

arkon

narse= how does that work, i am not understanding? like recoiless rifle?
thanks guys tryin to get some work done on it but life(pregnant wife) keeps me fom it sometimes. :cheers: