Main Menu

Weird War II Theme Build

Started by puddingwrestler, July 05, 2012, 12:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Any one interested in doing a Weird War II Theme Build?
The idea is basically to take ww2, and add all sorts of super science, pseudo science and possibly atomic powered gorillas. It's as if Inidana Jones filed to stop the germans in all his films, and they got all those powerful artefacts... and death rays... and mechs.
There are already several very popular weird war 2 universes - the Secrets of the Third Reich wargame, Tannenhauser (also a wargame), Dust etc. Think of it as kinda luft '46, with all the knobs up to eleven, and death rays.

You could build a Werhmacht Mech!
Or a soviet tesla tank!
Or an American death-ray equipped plane!
Why not a British transforming plane (Macros 46!)
Or an Australian genetically enhanced Kangaroo soldier!
Or possibly a sinister Japanese undead Samurai re-animated by some dark power!
Or just about ANY insane pulp magazine idea really! Huzzah!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

Cool! You could have British tank that transforms into something good - no one would believe that..... :wacko:

More power to your funny bone, and I'll contribute ideas as an when the meds wear off for a bit, but I'm afraid that actual building is currently on a burner that's so far back it might as well be in the fridge....

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

scooter

Hmm...something for the shipbuilders here- An ASW patrol centered on the USS Constitution  :blink:

But I'm a "One at a time" builder, and this Whif Widow's giving me headaches  :banghead:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

You could start from that excellent diorama somebody did a few years back, with Tamiya raptors equipped with 1/35th German kit and one of them driving a Pzkpfw.II...

I had an idea to turn the Italeri 1/35th Maultier armoured half-track into a literal "mule" by replacing it's wheels and tracks with legs, AT-AT style, and having it driven by Nazi Tamiya raptors. It was going to have a cage full of captured humans, but they could easily be substituted for Allied prisoners... :wacko:  Regrettably, I came to the conclusion that it was too big for me to store or display and I sold the Maultier, so the idea is now free and up for grabs!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Another thought: what if Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory was comandeered by the government and turned over to war production?

Tanks and planes in candy-stripe colours with over-size features and ridiculous gadgets, and all armed with confectionary-based weaponry....

Get a rounded-hull tank (cast-hull Sherman or almost anything French) and cover it in silver paper with sweet-wrapper style decals. You could do a whole bunch in 1/144th and present them in a nice partitioned box, with a diagram of what flavours they all are on the lid.....

- Indiana Jones

bigarv65

Quote from: Weaver on July 05, 2012, 05:06:15 PM
Another thought: what if Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory was comandeered by the government and turned over to war production?

Tanks and planes in candy-stripe colours with over-size features and ridiculous gadgets,

I had thought of something similar, military units with a Beatles Yellow Submarine / Dukes of Stratosphear influence.  I was planning a hot rod in that style, but would much prefer something more worthy to fight the Blue Meanies.
"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

Spey_Phantom

maybe i could build something like this  :rolleyes: :blink:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

bigarv65

Hmm.  I still think the Pre-War 1938 escapades of the boys from Swindon would serve as a fine group to model.  The Duke's Flying Circus put on many a good show before the onset of hostilities.

"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

Old Wombat

Woh! :o We're all stoned in a yellow Panzer tank, dude! :ph34r: :mellow: :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

dumaniac

man alive - what imagination !

but I could do the german dinosaur thing - looks great

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 24, 2012, 05:07:20 PM
Woh! :o We're all stoned in a yellow Panzer tank, dude! :ph34r: :mellow: :blink:

Always with the negative vibes, man...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Just noticed.... There are what appear to be a couple of Sus scrofa domestica "makin' bacon" on the rudder of the yellow-fuselaged plane! Cool! :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

bigarv65

Quote from: scooter on July 24, 2012, 07:29:54 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 24, 2012, 05:07:20 PM

Always with the negative vibes, man...

The bridge is up!

I suppose a wild paint job really doesn't qualify as weird.  Zombie Nazi Anti-Grav Paratroopers is more like it.

Radish

I have Meerkat crewed tanks, one with a Panther turret mounted on a tortoise back.

Several others too, including aircraft. :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen