Flying Legends and Waddington airshow pictures

Started by TomZ, July 10, 2012, 01:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

RussC

Thanks for posting these. The real "derp" moment was looking at the PBY and seeing that the restorers had a custom formed single piece side blister(s) fitted! not exactly spec for the Catalina, but cool in tinted glass no less.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

PR19_Kit

WHERE did that S-38 come from? I didn't know there was one in Europe.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

apparently its been here a little while and its been wintering in Germany . Its heading off to South Africa after the current display season.

PR19_Kit

Thanks for that, I must track it down.

I've been aboard the 'half S-38' at Oshkosh and that's an experience not to be missed. Seeing one fly would be the icing AND the cherry on the cake.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 10, 2012, 04:08:33 PM
WHERE did that S-38 come from? I didn't know there was one in Europe.

My thoughts exactly
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat

I believe it's part original and part replica . It's called Osa's ark

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tigercat on July 11, 2012, 08:45:17 AM
I believe it's part original and part replica . It's called Osa's ark

Any S-38 flying today would be, they're pretty darn fragile for sure. The seats in the passenger acbin are WHICKER, for goodness sake! It's such a BIZARRE looking aircraft it's just got to be seen! A pity there are no S-40s left, they looked similar but were larger and had FOUR engines!

Regards
Kit

markmarples

cracking piccys chaps, i should have gone to legends but chose to camp at Wadd instead
Regards

Mark

www.mainlymilitary.co.uk

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tigercat

The S38 is very odd to watch in flight especially at a distance it looks like an aircraft with something else in formation with it either that or an aircraft with a skip slung underneath.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tigercat on July 12, 2012, 02:09:39 AM
The S38 is very odd to watch in flight especially at a distance it looks like an aircraft with something else in formation with it either that or an aircraft with a skip slung underneath.

I IS an aircraft with a skip slung underneath it.  ;D

But doesn't it do your heart good to see something as old as that still flying?  :lol:

Thanks for the static piccies, brings back great memories of Oshkosh.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I thought it was a flying shoe!

Lovely pics! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.