Here are some whatif made with my seven years old son

Started by marco, July 14, 2012, 03:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco

Hello, here are some differents kits (all in 1/72 scale), mainly old kit (from the 70's), repaired (often with parts from my spare box), and repainted, the concept are decided in common with my son, Thomas. i try to make him paint, apply the decalcs, and others detail. The important thing is the discussion we have  to decide the project, so he can work his imagination, and understand the "real" airplanes and have a small "aĆ©ro-culture"!

This one is made with a junker's ju 52 float

Servimg is very long this morning..; more pictures later

marco

PR19_Kit

Thomas shows great talent Marco.  :thumbsup:

I like the radical use of the floats!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

marco

Thank you, very kind, and we do have fun together with these kits.
And well, we share a passion for float planes... ;D
here's an awful Atlantic japanese tank (shin to?) with a panther's turret:

This one need a canopy...

yes, we like the blue.. no canopy for that one also...

bobbo

Hobbes

Very nice! I especially like the pulsejet floatplane, and the SR.53.

kerick

Well done! Great way to fire up your son's imagination.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

sequoiaranger

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

NARSES2

Great stuff - love the USN Typhoon in particular  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RussC

My goodness! Some nice results and hard to pick a best one too.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I would probably go with the float Hayate because of the backstory it could have where the IJAAF would make this as an insult to the IJN, after reading about all of their interservice rivalries. In fact the Army had a carrier, a CVE type, in reality.

Maybe time to open a SIG for budding bashers?
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

marco

Thank you, that's very kind, Thomas says: "Merci!" :thumbsup:
here's a small kit bash , 1/76 scale, a mix beetween a turetless panzer I (i suppose) and Vickers light tank Mk IV (chinese colors):

Army of One

Wow......how much fun did you have doing those....??? What a fantastic collection.....!!! A budding bashers thread at least......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

The Rat

Quote from: marco on July 14, 2012, 03:20:23 AM

Now that is wonderful! You guys make quite a team, make certain that neither of you gets traded.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]