High Mobility Battlefield Logistics Transport - The Build

Started by Old Wombat, July 16, 2012, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Glad to know I've inspired someone who generally seems not to need it, Phill! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Go4fun

Just wondering...
I figured out quickly while in Germany with the U S Army if you cut the cloth seat off of a folding camp stool and put a toilet seat on it with clips so you could  fold it you could just put a trash bag under the seat and have a portable John.
The Germans were picky about you digging holes all over and supplied Porta-Potties but I still think pooping in yourarmored vehicle then throwing the 'product' in the trash later beat squatting in the woods near combat!
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Old Wombat

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Old Wombat

Think of the smell if one of the lads has had curry! :blink:

Guy

NARSES2

Quote from: Go4fun on September 19, 2013, 12:02:07 PM

I figured out quickly while in Germany with the U S Army if you cut the cloth seat off of a folding camp stool and put a toilet seat on it with clips so you could  fold it you could just put a trash bag under the seat and have a portable John.
The Germans were picky about you digging holes all over and supplied Porta-Potties but I still think pooping in yourarmored vehicle then throwing the 'product' in the trash later beat squatting in the woods near combat!

Praise be to the "Eternal Infantryman" throughout history :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Father Ennis

You don't need such luxury. In the book Desert Rats at War, there is an account by a tanker of dealing with desintary while in battle and all closed up. They simply used spent shell casings. What you need is just a bigger gun ...

Old Wombat

Well, here I am, again!

The HMBLT has been primed with Tamiya grey primer & is sitting on the dining table waiting expectantly because (Ta-dah!) yours-truly has broken out the airbrush equipment!

I'll be trying to fit in a crash-course on operating it today & will try to get the basic paint work done on this before the weekend, when I intend to take it to the SAPMA Expo as a WIP.

Paint job on this will be more difficult than for the RAM M41AS because it's going to be a 3 or 4 tone scheme using tailor-mixed colours - which I'll make in bulk for other modern RAM builds, if I get them right.

I've also started work on the cargo trailer unit & a fast recon. vehicle by violently bashing 2 kits together.

Captain Canada

Looking forward to the photo updates ! Good luck with the airbrush !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Well, it's been a cruddy 6 weeks on the modelling front - I've barely been here at all because I've been using what little time I've had to build.

This has been primed & I've gotten a fair way with the cargo trailer.

I haven't taken any photo's & my camera's packed away 'coz I fly back to CI too-early tomorrow.

Sorry! :icon_crap:

Old Wombat

Well, I'm still alive! :party:

(It was a close call after building 2 cars! :banghead: )

Some of you may remember this build ............................. No?! :blink: ............................. OK.

Anyway, I've resurrected it from the Cupboard of Doom. :o

This is pretty much where I left off the new cargo trailer but for the last couple of days I've been working on the hydraulic jacks for the side doors.

Progress to follow, as it occurs:

NARSES2

Where's the rail track ?  :rolleyes:

Seriously that's some piece of work
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Is it ever ! Great to see it back on the go, and looking even bigger and better ! Excellent work in the details...can't wait to see more ~

:cheers: :drink: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise