High Mobility Battlefield Logistics Transport - The Build

Started by Old Wombat, July 16, 2012, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Chaos

Old Wombat

Thanks, guys! Good to be back at it.

Roof is on & glue drying as I write. I'll take photo's soon (or tomorrow :-\ [Man's gotta work to pay the mortgage.]).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Update:

The roof & rear bulkhead are on & the hydraulic rams are fixed in place (they move, so every side-hatch will be openable [if that's a word]).

I've had to fight a bad case of AMS with this & have managed to stop myself putting in all of the hydraulic lines along the inside of the centre beams, although I will be putting in either 12 or 16 lines on the front bulkhead to represent the lines to the control boxes on the outside of the front bulkhead.

Need to buy more brass rod 1st, though.

:cheers:

kerick

WOW!
How many Stryker kits have you gone through on this project?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Four.

But I have a recce vehicle in mind for the remaining bits, so I'll have 4 builds plus parts left over from 4 kits.

:thumbsup:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 14, 2016, 06:54:14 PM
Four.

But I have a recce vehicle in mind for the remaining bits, so I'll have 4 builds plus parts left over from 4 kits.

Can't beat that! Carry on!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Carrying on, as instructed! :bow:

Photo's tomorrow later today, hopefully! :thumbsup:

kerick

Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Update:

Not much to see but I've put both ends on the trailer & have the hatch panels marked out on the styrene in the 1st pic. The browny blotch on the front bulkhead was a painting error that got turned into a patch effected by a ruptured battery, or similar in-transit accident.

PS: What I've forgotted to mention is the inside part of the door hydraulic control boxes & associated hydraulic lines have been added to the front bulkhead. It's grey-on-grey, so a little difficult to see. Used lead wire, instead of brass rod, as I got impatient - worked, though.

kerick

Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Well, a major fail with my hinges, :banghead: so I've ordered some Aber & Voyager workable hinges to see how they go. :-\

In the meantime, I have 24 resin weighted wheels for AFV Club Strykers which I'll have to modify to suit my Trumpeter Stryker-based build(s).

It's a lot of resin to be worked on, when you pile it up in front of you. :blink: