High Mobility Battlefield Logistics Transport - The Build

Started by Old Wombat, July 16, 2012, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Some people drink Pepsi.
Some people drink Coke.

This model is phenomenal ! Hope you can work past the hinge woes. Either way this is going to be epic. As if it's already not !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

Getting hinges to line up on RW stuff is tricky enough! This makes my idea for a converted Bradley seem a bit weak in the knees.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

IRL you'd belt the doors with a mash hammer gently persuade them into place with a subtle application of pressure to get them to line up...

It's looking great.  Can't wait to see it painted.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on March 31, 2016, 01:09:55 AM
IRL you'd belt the doors with a mash hammer gently persuade them into place with a subtle application of pressure to get them to line up...

When I worked in the motor industry in the 60s the guys who assembled the doors to the car bodies would bolt them in place loosely, align them by eye and tighten them a bit to kick off.

Then they'd grab a 4 ft long length of 4" x 4" timber and lever the door into place before really tightening the bolts!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 31, 2016, 02:06:14 AM
Quote from: zenrat on March 31, 2016, 01:09:55 AM

When I worked in the motor industry in the 60s the guys who assembled the doors to the car bodies would bolt them in place loosely, align them by eye and tighten them a bit to kick off.

Then they'd grab a 4 ft long length of 4" x 4" timber and lever the door into place before really tightening the bolts!

There have been times, lately, when that has almost happened! :banghead:

Old Wombat

Austanker

Old Wombat

So, after 8 1/2 days with our land-line &, hence, internet down, I can report progress on the Armoured Vehicle Front!

Paint has happened!

ASLAV based scheme using Tamiya XF-78 Wooden Deck Tan, LifeColor UA 091 Dark Green (as the light green - go figure! :-\ ) & Tamiya XF-58 Olive Green (as the dark green). Not the actual Army colours but, then, they're going to be Marines vehicles when finished, so a bit of variation is OK in my universe.

I have been tossing around the idea of adding a 4th colour (Tamiya XF-52 Flat Earth) as another point of / obvious expression of difference to RW vehicles, but I'm beginning to feel it will look too crowded if I do that.

Anyway, photo's are still uploading to PhotoBucket - quite a few of them, actually. So, when that's done I'll chuck in a photo's-only post for your perusal.

:cheers:

Guy

Old Wombat

kerick

Ditto!
Such an ambitious project. I bet your'e glad to get to this point!
What did you use to mask?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Thanks, guys! :bow:

Masking was blue-tac, with Scotch blue masking tape to minimise overspray.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..