High Mobility Battlefield Logistics Transport - The Build

Started by Old Wombat, July 16, 2012, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

WOW!  :o I just realized: Two drivelines, no waiting! The Stryker deserves to be called an Engine Unit fit for a train. If the 'Caboose' has room I'd suggest putting at least an anti-tank missile launcher on it along wih an MG.
You know of course 'The Donald' will want one for taking his pocket change to the bank?  ;D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

kerick

I've been keeping an eye on this project all along and it has rewarded me everytime I look. Fantastic concept and building skills. Keep it coming!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

Guy, that is just great.
Terrific job so far.. waiting for the next installment :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

Thanks, Brian! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, although I am trying, I doubt I'll get this (or anything ) finished in the next 6 months - as I expect to be starting a new job on Monday, with 4/5 weeks of intensive training (so they tell me) followed by 6 months on Christmas Island. Still, it's an income!

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

At least it isn't the Pacific Gulag on Nauru.  My brother, for all his sins is the Project Manager for that little effort.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Actually, other Brian, Nauru was my 1st choice - but the people I applied through only recruit from the Brisbane area for the Pacific arm of the "Pacific Solution".
This is because I have been to Nauru in my younger years, as my father was the Senior Medical Officer on Ocean Island, now reverted to Banaba, (about 250 nMi ESE of Nauru) between 1974 & 1978.

I wont let this get too political but, although I do understand the plight of refugees - as my father was one post-WW2, there are processes that need to occur before they arrive in Australia & I really dislike queue-jumpers, so I kind-of agree with the "Pacific Solution" idea. My job is going to be a cross between being a Social Worker & a Security Guard, so it should be interesting.

At least we're not using machine-guns & gas!

Guy.

dekybomber

Old Wombat

Thanks, dekybomber! :bow:

Sorry I haven't been around much, folks, but I'm a bit busy with training & trying to get several million things done before I bugger off to Christmas Island.
Today is probably the last chance I'll have to visit for the next 6 months, certainly the last I'll have to post any images of modelling as that pretty much came to a stand-still 3 weeks ago and won't re-commence until I get back.
Interweb access on Christmas Island is, I am told, expensive and slow & my working week will be at least 60 hours per. Down time will mostly consist of doing the laundry & exploring the island, with my internet time (once I've sorted out an ISP) being primarily devoted to contacting my family.

So, here are some pic's - note that most of what you see on the caboose/guard-van is not yet glued in place but is ready for when I've completed the insides.

Overview from left;

Overview from right;

Overview from front;

Overview from rear;

Tractor unit from left;

Linkage from left;

Guard-van/caboose from left;

Close-up of rear hatch;

Close-up of side-access door;

Hope that's enough to keep you occupied for the next 6 months!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas & that the New Year is prosperous & full of joy!

Guy.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jsport

Roadwarrior but realistic..really rad :bow:

thank you for sharing.
j

crudebuteffective

nice work mate cannot wait to see the finished job

heres one done some time ago on the articulated afv idea

best of look in the posting to christmas island

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

Old Wombat

Thanks, guys! See you on the other side (of the next 5 months)!

Captain Canada

Looking good. Love all the biuts and bobs to check out. Have fun on your trip !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.