High Mobility Battlefield Logistics Transport - The Build

Started by Old Wombat, July 16, 2012, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Thanks, guys! ;D

On the island & working for a little while now. Job is ... interesting ... but, surprisingly, more fun than I had expected. Met some of the natives (crabs, the place is over-run with them).

The "Robber crabs" are the most interesting & quite common but the red land crabs are all over the place. I've got photo's, I might post some when I get back. Internet here where I am runs at between 1 & 3 Kb/s, which is frighteningly slow.

Anyway, catch you all later!

Guy.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Bump! Bump! Bumpity-bump! Bump-bump! :wacko:

Just letting you all know that this is moving again. Not, perhaps, fast enough to be finished before I have to return to Crab Heaven but it is moving.

Trying to finish the insides of the guard-van so I can button that up ready to do more external work &, hopefully, start the paint job.

I'll try to get some pic's up in the next couple or three days of my progress.

:cheers:

Guy

tc2324

Good to hear Guy.  :thumbsup:   I`m looking forward to the next update.
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Old Wombat

Photo's have been delayed due to a construction alteration. :banghead:

I have long been unhappy with the height of the "caboose/guard-van" unit & I've finally decided to bite the bullet & make it taller. :rolleyes:

This will ease some of the trouble I've had building the forklift to fit into the back & allow the crew to stand upright in the cargo area. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your patience!

Guy

kerick

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 03, 2013, 09:15:46 AM
Photo's have been delayed due to a construction alteration. :banghead:

I have long been unhappy with the height of the "caboose/guard-van" unit & I've finally decided to bite the bullet & make it taller. :rolleyes:

This will ease some of the trouble I've had building the forklift to fit into the back & allow the crew to stand upright in the cargo area. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your patience!

Guy
It always sucks trying to move stuff around in a space you can't stand up in! Guaranteed back problems in short order. The crew will thank you!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Build is coming along slowly but nicely! Height added, some gear & stores thrown in, working on the revised hatches & some internal cargo. ;D

Haven't had a chance to take photo's, yet, but they will appear before I head back to CI. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your patience, again.

Guy

Old Wombat

Build has gone even slower than expected (funny how Mrs Wombat seems to want to spend time & do things with me on my 6 week break :-\) but here are the photo's to prove that something has happened. I have the housings for the upper hydraulic lifters to fit & then I'll glue in the fuel drum pallet & glue down the lid & seal it all up until I get back from CI in 6 months (or sooner, if K.Rudd's plan to stop the boats works).

As usual, all constructive comments welcome! :thumbsup:

Guy

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Go4fun

Seal the doors up? And hide all that detail? Or did I read that wrong? :blink:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Wardukw

Now i am paying more attention to things i have had a good read of this thread and dude this is one very original build ,,love it  ;D
Thats the prefect way to make use of two Stykers and now its giving me an idea on another build  :lol:
Super work Guy and i can't wait to see the end result .

Phill  :cheers:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Thanks for the comments, guys, much appreciated! ;D

Quote from: Go4fun on July 20, 2013, 09:02:52 AM
Seal the doors up? And hide all that detail? Or did I read that wrong? :blink:
Yep, you read it wrong! ;)

The rear hatches will be open when finished, so will the top hatches (I think). However, I do need to seal the van up with tape so I can work on & paint the exerior.

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 20, 2013, 03:13:33 PM
Now i am paying more attention to things i have had a good read of this thread and dude this is one very original build ,,love it  ;D
Thats the prefect way to make use of two Stykers and now its giving me an idea on another build  :lol:
Super work Guy and i can't wait to see the end result .

Phill  :cheers:
Sorry, Phill, you're going to have to wait. :-\

I have to go back to Christmas Island for the next 6 months & see what happens with the political football I work in.

Guy

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Wardukw

You know i keep looking at this thing Guy and i like where you went with this model ,,,now with a mind like mine its not going to take to long for me to get myself into trouble  ;D  ,, and the result ? ,, try the same sort idea you have here but what i have in mind is a  16x16 wheeled SPG mounting a suitably modified 8in gun from a M110 ..this idea came from the fact i have 9 Stykers in my pile of unmade kits and looking at the 2 MGS's i have got me thinking .
Trust me i will be hunting down parts for this the moment i have settled into my new place  <_<

Phill 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .