Lame ducks as 'Hot Rods'. A refined version.

Started by McColm, July 24, 2012, 04:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CANSO

Quote from: Army of One on August 09, 2012, 02:21:18 AM...these included a P40 land vehicle...
Just the mentioning of P-40 forced my brain cells working faster ;D and I remembered I have a link of some strange car-planes somewhere in my archives. Thanks God the search was not very long (under 1 hr) and here it is. The "Fordhawk" is my favorite!
P.S. The "Focke-Wulfetta" by Su27 is a very nice example too. :thumbsup:

bigarv65

Gosh dang it, like I don't have too many ideas to do in the first place.  Now I come across this thread and now I have another one to add to the list.  Brilliant stuff here.
"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

Army of One

Canso.....some great models there but they aren't what I'm talking about unfortunately.....the thing I saw was 1/1 scale and a prob for some sort of post apocalypse (?) tv series....I'll have to try and fund the pic I took.....old n 35mm on paper......jeez,showing my age....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

CANSO

Quote from: Army of One on August 09, 2012, 03:27:16 PM
Canso.....some great models there but they aren't what I'm talking about unfortunately...
Army of One, I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding! :-\ I didn't try to answer your question at all, but just used the "codeword" P-40 to stimulate my memory. (I really need this from time to time. :blink:)
I don't know anything about the vehicle you described... :unsure: 

McColm

Fab designs! :thumbsup:
Got the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire VB, second hand from Heritage Aviation Models Limited. The vertical tail was damaged and the pilot is missing his arms. I've checked to see if the Spitfire fuselage fits the 1/24 Peterbilt truck chassis.
Seems to me that the Spitfire engine housing can be fixed to the Peterbilt cab minus the propeller, but adding the large air scoop of the VB. At the rear the hitching device for the trailer will be removed and the rear part of the Spitfire added in it's place. By using the truck accessory pack lots of chrome parts will be attached. The spitfire exhaust pipes replaced by some chrome ones.
The Airfix kit decals seem to have had water damage which has spread on the RAF roundels. The Polish and USAF ones are okay. I'll use the Merlin engine on one of my other builds.

Nick

Quote from: Army of One on August 09, 2012, 02:21:18 AM
When I went to one of the theme parks in Florida in the early 90's I saw in an outside lot some of the prop vehicles for an American series.....these included a P40 land vehicle..there was a large chain around the prop shaft at the front going to some sort of drive underneath.....I've tried to find the series but no joy...I remember asking at the time and it seemed a popular series.....just can't remember the name of it....

Have you seen the (so-called) comedy film 1941 with John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd... I am sure the ending involved oddball trucks....?  :unsure: