Alien Reborn model miniatures

Started by Stingray, July 25, 2012, 11:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stingray

Alien Reborn is a fan sequel to the Alien series, specifically a story that takes place just after the events of Alien 3. It introduces a new cast of characters in the same tradition of the '79 movie, while adding more thrills and possibilities.

Today I wish to show you the model miniatures I built/am building for the film:

Top: The USCSS "Dreadnaught"
Bottom, left-to-right: "HoverCopter", "Taarna" utility/repair shuttle, and "Aeronaut" lifeboat.

If anyone is interested and wants to know more about them, or see more detailed pictures, let me know.  :smiley:
As of 2019 I have transitioned; My name is now Rei. Please don't deadname or misgender me, thank you. <3

Stingray's Rotorcraft Forum

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

TsrJoe

very interesting, more photos !  :thumbsup:

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Stingray

As of 2019 I have transitioned; My name is now Rei. Please don't deadname or misgender me, thank you. <3

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

bigarv65

Bra-vo!  Those look nice and greebly and very true to the Cobb/Foss looking original feeling of the ships.  And freakin' huge, too!  Keep us up to date with the project, please.
"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

Stingray

Thanks!  ;D

Here is a teaser trailer. It shows some of the models in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZBXFfPU64U

Weaver

Excellent, and very ambitious!  :thumbsup:

Am I right in thinking that that swing-out lifeboat bay (but not the actual ship) is based on a Ron Cobb drawing that wasn't used in the film?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

bigarv65

Quote from: Weaver on July 25, 2012, 03:18:54 PM
Am I right in thinking that that swing-out lifeboat bay (but not the actual ship) is based on a Ron Cobb drawing that wasn't used in the film?

I thought that rang a bell!!! 
"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

Stingray

Yep. Felt too cool of a concept to leave completely discarded.

Mossie

Absoloutely fantastic!  The more you can post the better!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Stingray

Thanks! I will try to update as often as I can.

I'm sort of taking a break on model effects ATM and trying to complete the Dreadnaught bridge set. Plus trying to fix the script up, modifying scenes I haven't filmed yet.

Stingray

Sorry for not updating. School is coming up and I have to focus on finishing high-school, which means this project might progress a little slower.

However, I'm preparing a new model that I hope to present sometime this week.

NARSES2

Education comes first first mate  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

It's when you see how hard somebody struggles to put all this stuff together on their own that you realise where, to some extent, Hollywood's extravagant budgets go....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones