In building : Mirage F-1G

Started by Mr Ten, July 25, 2012, 02:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Ten

Like many of us, I'm working simultaneously on a lot of projects... :rolleyes:
This is one of my current buildings : a french Mirage F1G !

The base model is the Mirage G, a short run 1/72 resin from the french brand Phaedra Models.
The quality is rather good, similar to last Anigrand kits (in fact, resin parts are made by Anigrand :rolleyes:).
This kit is actually no more available, because of some shape problems : the fuselage is too short ! At least 1cm, which is a lot...
Surely, it will be back once modified in the coming months.

Well, the kit has a big mistake ? Let's go for a what if ! ;D ;D
Some surgery at first : The mirage G was a twin-seat single engine (G8 was twin engined).
My Mirage F1G (G is for "géométrie variable" = swing wings) is single engine/single seat.
It gets the front part and the tail from an old Mirage F-1 thanks to Hasegawa...
A new Martin-baker seat from Pavla... And well... You'll see later when it'll be more advanced ! ;D ;D
With some Milliput, building is relatively easy, as the resin parts are very neat an fit well...
This aircraft could have been a nice interceptor for the '70s, with a very aggressive look... Strange...  :unsure:  It reminds me the Mig-23...
But it is not ! :wacko:

royabulgaf

The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

PR19_Kit

That looks a really good start on the project.   :thumbsup:

As you'd expect from it being French, it's much more stylish than a Mig 23 to my mind and with that nose and tail it could only come from Dassault.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Really nice. IIRC some one here mated a F1C with MiG-23 wings, and that looked SO beautiful... gotta try that at some time, too!

Mr Ten

Hi to all !  :lol:
Phaedra Models are sold only through Ebay.fr by Mr Guyot who has a shop named e-cellaronline(also specialized in vintage vinyl discs).

There is also a small blog : http://phaedramodels.over-blog.com/ with some pics and the planned next. kits :wub:
Actually only the Mirage III F2 is available. It s a twin seat/twin engine aircraft which finally gave birth to the Mirage F-1. But it is really bigger !
It's a very neat kit easy to build (at least, for a resin kit... :rolleyes:). It includes a nice decal sheet and a small brass pitot tube with a special shape (useful, because this isn't easy to scratch !).
The soviet prototypes announced are still in waiting due to various problems, but i expect to see them (and buy ;D) in a few months.

Slerski

Hé hé !! Done one a time ago, you can find her here.

It'll be nice to see yours  :thumbsup:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Mr Ten

Building slowly in progress :

Mr Slerski did a Mirage G-1C ;) , Mine is a Mirage F-1G :lol:, these are totally different aircrafts ! :wacko: (Except overall shape, colors, nationality... :rolleyes:)

Mr Ten

It took sometime... But here it is ! ;D

The Mirage F-1G, as it could have been around 1980...

Decals thanks to Hasegawa (some stencils), an old IPMS France decal sheet(roundels), and an another old sheet for the squadron insigna (offered for a subscription to the french mag Wingmaster a few years ago).
Painted with Prince August "bleu mirage", and some weathering added to avoid a too "monotone" color.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Daryl J.

bearmatt

The carpet monster took it!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Wow...that's gorgeous. Looks about right to me !

Great work
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dwomby

Wonderful work.  Great looking plane.

David

chrisonord

Very nice, one of these beauties would make an excellent addition to my mirage collection.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!