Boeing B-56 - the Stratojet that wasn't!!

Started by albeback, July 27, 2012, 04:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: scooter on August 19, 2012, 03:48:02 AM
Quote from: albeback on August 19, 2012, 01:21:31 AMAdd to that a V tail, a load of JDAMS in the bomb bay, LGBs under the wings, possibly a load of AIM 120 AMRAAMs for self defence.............................!!!!! :lol:

By any standards the B-47 was a beautiful machine & I think it's a real shame it has been so poorly served in model form. The relatively modest dimensions ( roughly comparable to a Victor B2) would make even a 1/48 kit feasible! One can but dream!! :rolleyes:

You are going for Flight of the Lap Dog!  (Not a new Dale Brown Dreamland series novel any time soon)
Remember, its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog!
Your paint scheme and markings are spot on! If you do a modern version may I suggest the under chin targeting turrets as seen on the BUFF or something close to it? This will look great with big fat turbofans under the wings!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

bigarv65

"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

Neato ! Had to look a few times to figure it out. Love the big mouth too ! The colours look awesome on it. And I ahve to agree with Chris, that front shot is perfect !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Very nice. The new engine nacelles fit well, and the balance with the underwing ordnance is good, too. The SEA paint scheme suits her well! Well done.

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on August 19, 2012, 04:22:52 AM

Xtracrylix was ment for airbrushing any way. I always found that you needed at least two coats when brush painting to get a decent finish. Once I switched to airbrushing the problem of poor coverage went away.

Try Lifecolor, equally good by brush or airbrush in my view.

Have to agree with both statements - some Xtracrylic I find needs 3 coats with a brush. Lifecolor is excellent, very matt and the new style (opaque) bottles don't seem to dry out as much. Only problem is availability. I tend to stock up at the Nationals
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 20, 2012, 01:47:13 AM
Quote from: Martin H on August 19, 2012, 04:22:52 AM

Xtracrylix was ment for airbrushing any way. I always found that you needed at least two coats when brush painting to get a decent finish. Once I switched to airbrushing the problem of poor coverage went away.

Try Lifecolor, equally good by brush or airbrush in my view.

Have to agree with both statements - some Xtracrylic I find needs 3 coats with a brush. Lifecolor is excellent, very matt and the new style (opaque) bottles don't seem to dry out as much. Only problem is availability. I tend to stock up at the Nationals

You can get get Lifecolor online, direct from the UK importer. The Air Brush Company.
It how I keep my supplies of em flowing
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

McColm

Is that where they got the idea for the B-57 from?

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on August 20, 2012, 09:29:43 AM
You can get get Lifecolor online, direct from the UK importer. The Air Brush Company.
It how I keep my supplies of em flowing

Is that where you went for your indoctrination course ? If so the subliminal part obviously worked  :wacko: ;D Cheers Martin, I think The Aviation Shop also sell it.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

albeback

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. I have now obtained a pair of eye decals to go with the teeth!! I have also obtained suitable lettering to name the beast "JMN Bait". I'll post new pics once everything's done. Won't be this weekend! :lol!! I have to survive the rigours of a trip to Mull and, a visit to the Tobermory distillery! hic!!

Allan
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!