Jethro joins the island of Sodor

Started by bodgybuilder, July 29, 2012, 07:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodgybuilder

Jethro (named after Jethro Bodine from the Clampett Clan) was the latest addition to the staff on the railway system of the island of Sodor. He was brought in to modernise the railway, in an attempt to rationalise the number of locomotives by reducing the number of (dumb-donkey?) steam locomotives, with a view to improving the financial viability of the system.
Jethro was available cheap, due the fact he had been damaged by the cost cutting measures of a British Petroleum company. The British Petroleum company had on their hands a contaminated batch of jet fuel, which instead of being refined to remove impurities, had been re-blended to create diesel. Unfortunately this played havoc with Jethro's injectors, with the result that he had dual personalities. Half the time he thought he was a F 14 Tomcat, piloted by Captain Craig, the other half he considered himself to be a F1 Ferrari, piloted by Nigel Mansell.

Matthew
Can we bodge it?.......Uh.......Yeah, I think so

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

coolpop6307

that is awesome glad to see someone else that likes trains
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

Cobra

Cool & Interesting :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for posting!  :cheers: :cheers: Dan

NARSES2

That's wonderfull  ;D  :bow:

Used to love the Beverly Hillbillies as a kid
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

A RIOT!  ;D :lol:

But back to the modelling, what's the scource loco? It looks to be HO scale and a long veranda SD18 or similar?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

bodgybuilder

The loco is HO scale, and part is an unwanted gift in the form of a chassis from an Athearn SD70, the sort with the bent trucks, with an Athearn Trainmaster shell modificated to fit, with a few spurious parts from the parts box to dress it up.
Matthew

Dizzyfugu

The Rat

Quote from: bodgybuilder on July 29, 2012, 07:27:22 PMHalf the time he thought he was a F 14 Tomcat, piloted by Captain Craig, the other half he considered himself to be a F1 Ferrari, piloted by Nigel Mansell.

How could he get messed up that badly? After all, he done graduated grade 6!  :lol:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Steel Penguin

ROFL.
beutiful.  it should send the JRNs utterly bonkers.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

No wonder I couldn't figure out what the base model was.  ;D

That's a neat bit of cross-kitting, never mind all the other stuff, well done indeed.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

bodgybuilder

JRN?
I asked Glenn, and not even he knew.
Matthew

Cobra

i Think JRN stands for Joyless Railroad Nazis! Model Railroad Types Who Have to Keep Everything Proper! Dan

Go4fun

Ah, the JRNs! How I loved when they visited my Kaw Valley Southern layout and saw such things as a caboose with a tank turret mounted on it. Put it on the front of your train and the farmers learned to keep their cows off the tracks or love hamburger!
I won't even mention the T-Rex living in a cave under the bridge-to-nowhere.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.