RAAF F-5F * * F I N I S H E D * *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, August 03, 2012, 09:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

I would say it looks much better than ok. Looks great to me!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Ian the Kiwi Herder

At last the decals are on, and the thing is virtually finished. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow, but will have to wait until next Thursday before I can get a coat of matt varnish onto it. Very close to the end now...  :rolleyes:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Got some good old Humbrol Matt Cote on this morning, before I started spraying some Alclad around !! - Strange how the flash has bleached out the blue in the roundels, they really aren't that pale !!

More soon.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Scooterman

tc2324

The two tone works really well on that.  :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Dork the kit slayer

Gotta admit your builds do look soooo much better from a distance.................................12000 miles   :thumbsup:is taking it just a little too far,but easier on these old eyes
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

Looking real good now Ian ! A beauty scheme on one of my favourite aeroplanes....way cool !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

bearmatt

Great job here! Sure she looks good with these roundels!  :thumbsup:
The carpet monster took it!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

...AND NOT BEFORE TIME !!

I really couldn't stand this build by the time I got to the end of it. Fitted where it touched (just), see-through fuselage (no blanking plates, but easily solved), sparsely detailed and what there is is, erm... 'clunky' at best. And on top of all of that it's engineered so you can only have the canopies in the open position, hence the cavernous gaps you see here !!

Arghhhh  :banghead:

As a painting experiment pending a MUCH more complex build of a MUCH newer and 'buildable' kit it served its' purpose but as a model in its' own right, it was a complete pig. I don't recall my first Monogram F-5 (a single seater) being that much trouble, but it was close to thirty years ago and my brain has taken-on a fair degree of alcohol since then. As a conclusion, let me put it this way:

"Never again !!"

Yep, that covers it !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Cobra

Superb Job,Ian :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did Great with the F-5! Hope you Slap together Another Masterpiece soon :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

NARSES2

May have been a pig but it's come out as a silk purse mate - well done  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Apart from the draughty cockpit it looks great from here Ian.  :thumbsup: :bow:

[Mind you, we are 12000 miles away.......... ;D]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

bearmatt

The carpet monster took it!