SS Framfab (or maybe you think it might be the Titanic....)

Started by nönöbär, August 05, 2012, 06:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nönöbär

Some last What-If I found here....

In 2000/2001 I worked for a New Economy company, and I guess it's well known what happend to many of those companys at that time...

So back then I build the SS Framfab. I think it is not too hard too guess what the company color was - as I changed a little detail compared to the "original". And of course I had to add the company logo to the hull as well, don't ask me who had the great idea to put it this way round.

So I build the model and put it on top of my computer screen in the office. Additionally I made a drawing of an ice berg on my whiteboard and place a photo of the model close to it, in different state of flodding, depending on the state of the company ...  :wacko: :wacko:
I think the bosses did not like that so much  ;D

Anyway, the company is history now, but the little model - based on a 1:1200 Revell Titanic is still around here. And the green funnels do not look that bad at all.
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

sequoiaranger

....kinda reminds me of, in my area, bumper stickers on "off-road" vehicles---the bumper sticker is upside down, reading, "If you can read this, help me turn my truck back upright!"
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

nönöbär

They wanted to show that the company is different than others, therefore the name was upside down. And not to forget the "fast-forward" sign, showing how fast and advanced they were. Ok, in the end, they hit the iceberg very fast-forward... :banghead:
Daily updates from my engineer: https://twitter.com/Scratchbr1

--------------------
German Naval History               : www.german-navy.de
Bärenreisen                             : www.barenurlaub.de

PR19_Kit

Perhaps most of its voyages were to Australia and New Zealand.....?  ;) :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 05, 2012, 10:19:51 AM
Perhaps most of its voyages were to Australia and New Zealand.....?  ;) :lol:

Possibly but it would certainly confuse a submarine skipper when viewed through a periscope  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.