The MiG-SPB (NATO code 'Flintstone') - secret Su-25 contender (WiP)

Started by Dizzyfugu, August 09, 2012, 12:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

I can see JMN's & MilAir buffs racing for their reference books to see what this is & trying to figure out how they missed it! :bow:

Very believable. Awesome! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Ha ha, many thanks for the positive feedback on this one!

BTW: Are you ready for "visual candy"? Here are yesterdays pics from the basic painting in Humbrol 168, 84 and 98 - the enamels are still wet and glossy... But: THIS looks spectacular. While the pattern appears rather decorative at first glance, you can clearly see how effectively it breaks up contours, shades and shapes!

I thought that the Three-Tone-Clover-Pattern would look interesting, but what I see exiges my expectation. Wow! Cammo CAN be sexy... and I never expected a Soviet design to have this "effect"?

1:72 MiG-SPB (Whif/Kit-bashing) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

McColm

Wow!! I think my parents might of had wallpaper like that during the 1970s.

bigarv65

I like it.  I'm pretty sure it's Warhol or Peter Max.  Or Laugh In.  ;)

"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

bigarv65

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 17, 2012, 06:20:17 AM
OMG...  :blink:

Lol, sorry dude.  I couldn't help it!  But as you said, it does break up the outline, no matter what color variation, which is the goal.  The last one is almost a naval scheme.

I won't jack your thread and I'll remove it if you want.  But all this talk of psychadelic stuff..well, gives me the munchies.

Please continue.  I have the same Kamov model, unfinished, that I was going to merge with an Osprey, but that's been done.  A lot.  I like yours, it would be what the Frogfoot could have become with intense development.  I am looking forward to the finished product!!!!
"He got down from his horse, which seemed strange to him as he had always believed that you got down from a duck or a goose."

Dizzyfugu

Ah, no problem at all! I find it funny when such things inspire others - even with an artistic touch!  ;)

Actually, the idea "Make an airplane from the Ka-34" is not originally mine, but I found it so compelling that I had to try... and so far the work is justified, there's much potential to it.

I am also working on a background story for this aircraft, so everything will fall into place, backed up by "historic facts".

Yesterday evening I painted the belly in light blue as well as some larger di-electric panels. A black ink wash will be next, followed by decals and dry-brushing, which will tame down the color contrast.

What I like about this creation so much is that it combined lightness and even some elegance with a menacing undertone - and an authentic, Soviet look.

Already collecting backgrounds for beauty pics - there's much potential in the motif!

McColm

Maybe you could display it against a background, that would break up some of the pattern. :banghead:

Scooterman

Dizzyfugu

Closing in on the final straight: 99% done, just needs some cosmetics, then we are ready for photo shootings with decent backgrounds.

A look at the belly, paint still wet...

A fresh wash with black ink:

Main decals have been applied...

...and more weathering with dry painting is under way:

Finally, I also added some panel lines with slightly darker, thinned colors.

And the ordnance has been added to the wings:

Still needs some touches like position lights, window cleaning and some soot, but basically we're there!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.