Korean War whiffery

Started by TheSybarite, August 24, 2012, 07:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The RAF ID stripes were different to RN ones.  Much slimmer.  IIRC, the Legato resin Spitfire F22 has the stripes on the decal sheet.  I know the CMR ones doesn't, although I'd need to check to confirm it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Radish

The RAF stripes were narrow...2 white bands, one black on the Spit 22s.       Sometimes different applications as well....4 stripes on the rear fuselage....plenty of photos if you google. Or....make it all ap.

Talking about Sptfires, shortly I'll be steampunking a Spitfire V....it'll no longer be streamlined!! And it'll be Meerkat operated....

Oh dear :party: :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Geoff

I've also seen 2 black bands and one white (shades of 8th Army red/white ID panels)

The Wooksta!

I remember using Trumpeter Sea Fury bands when I did the RAF Korean War Tempest F2.  They fitted reasonably well.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,30662.0/highlight,tempest.html
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Army of One

Quote from: Geoff on October 01, 2012, 12:26:00 PM
Ah right cheers Lee, I'll have to see if I can find a pic/artwork of that.

I was also wondering about the Turks sending their Spits, would we get a sort od Brazillian marking with the red Turkish square with white surround in a blue circle with bars?

Oh.........and FW190's.......??
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Radish

Or even Turkist F-47Ds and F-84s?? :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

James

How about the proposed Jet Mossies? RAF/RAAF/RCAF?  :wub:

Geoff

Quote from: Radish on October 03, 2012, 04:19:36 AM
Or even Turkist F-47Ds and F-84s?? :thumbsup:

Origionally they were supposed to get Mustangs and P-61s.

TheSybarite

Quote from: Army of One on October 03, 2012, 03:22:02 AM

I was also wondering about the Turks sending their Spits, would we get a sort od Brazillian marking with the red Turkish square with white surround in a blue circle with bars?

Ground support for the Luftstreitkräfte.

Geoff

Quote from: TheSybarite on October 03, 2012, 08:16:33 AM
Quote from: Army of One on October 03, 2012, 03:22:02 AM

Ground support for the Luftstreitkräfte.

Works for me

Joe C-P

Sticking a naval foot in the aviation discussion.  :wacko:

How about some of the KGV BBs or Vanguard providing gunfire support like the USN's Iowas? Drop the light AA, add a few 3" to replace them, upgrade the radars.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Weaver

How about a P.1052 for the RN/RAF? There was serious thought given to rushing it into production in response to the Berlin crisis: if they had, it would have been just in time for Korea.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

That 1052 is an elegant looking aircraft and certainly looks at home on that carrier deck
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

James

Quote from: Weaver on October 07, 2012, 06:57:56 PM
How about a P.1052 for the RN/RAF? There was serious thought given to rushing it into production in response to the Berlin crisis: if they had, it would have been just in time for Korea.

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 08, 2012, 12:57:43 AM
That 1052 is an elegant looking aircraft and certainly looks at home on that carrier deck

:thumbsup: Cracking looking kite.  :wub:

Although, I think you'll find that that is a Royal Yorkshire Navy Fleet Air Arm YAC Osprey on the deck of HYMS Atlantic.  :wacko:

The Wooksta!

The CMR Spitfire F22/24 has Korean War stripes in it for the 80 Sqn option.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: