NEVER.....EVER....

Started by Radish, August 30, 2012, 08:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Try to sort your loft stash....

I'm on the verge of giving up after 3 days.

On the PLUS side I've broken up lots for odd bits....AND I've found some Imperial Roman AF stuff from aeons ago.

On the downside, I have more than most model shops by a factor of many!! :o
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

I think there's quite a few of us here in the same boat.  I could name names but you know who you are.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

3 days? You did well there! Mrs PR19 and I gave up after just one day!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

3 days? is that all?

took me at least 2 weeks to "stock check" my stash. 

The only error on my stash list spread sheet was one Airfix C-130 I had forgotten to book in when I got it.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

Quote from: Martin H on August 30, 2012, 11:26:07 AM
3 days? is that all?

The only error on my stash list spread sheet was one Airfix C-130 I had forgotten to book in when I got it.

I am trying to work out how you can miss an Airfix C-130....... they are usually in a fairly large cardboard box  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

from what OGL insinuated in the thread on it, he has a TARDIS full of kits cunningly stacked tetris fashon one plane ( evan if resonably sized) isnt a big miss to be honest.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Army of One

Oh poo.....I been told to sort the loft insulation out....I only got a morning to do it in....ha...!!! She has no idea....thankfully....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Aircav

I've been on with mine for the past three weeks, sorting kits out and putting them in the big Revell boxes I get from work, found a few I forgot I had including a Novo Gipsy Moth, Miles Master and Airspeed Oxford.  :banghead: ;D :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Alvis 3.14159

Quote from: Gondor on August 30, 2012, 12:39:12 PM
Quote from: Martin H on August 30, 2012, 11:26:07 AM
3 days? is that all?

I am trying to work out how you can miss an Airfix C-130....... they are usually in a fairly large cardboard box  :blink:

Gondor

I have several, but is it 3 or 5? Or 7? or 2? No idea. I should have kept track of them over the years, and now, my memeory isn't that great. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find them eventually if I need to look for them.

Alvis Pi

NARSES2

Last time I did it, took me a couple of days on and off. Got that "warm glow" a couple of times when I found kits that I'd forgotten I had  ;D Also found kits which definately should have been forgotten  :banghead:  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

I had few surprises, but there's always room for more.

I WAS going to get rid of the Airfix(Heller) Connie....but decided....NAH, it'll be good in either Irish Maritime Recon role or even RAF??
Same with the Italeri (ESCI) Tu-22 .....found I've got 2 of them. WAS going to dispose, but then RAF recon and anti-flash white beckons. Or perhaps East German? Finnish? French?? Argentine??

AND I'm still adding more.....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 31, 2012, 12:32:39 AM
Last time I did it, took me a couple of days on and off. Got that "warm glow" a couple of times when I found kits that I'd forgotten I had  ;D Also found kits which definately should have been forgotten  :banghead:  :wacko:
Kibash fodder!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Aircav

Quote from: Radish on August 31, 2012, 01:50:16 AM

I WAS going to get rid of the Airfix(Heller) Connie....but decided....NAH, it'll be good in either Irish Maritime Recon role or even RAF??
Same with the Italeri (ESCI) Tu-22 .....found I've got 2 of them. WAS going to dispose, but then RAF recon and anti-flash white beckons. Or perhaps East German? Finnish? French?? Argentine??

The Tu-22 would look good in a silver finish with French roundels and their colourful squadron markings on the tail.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

albeback

Quote from: Aircav on August 31, 2012, 11:31:35 PM
Quote from: Radish on August 31, 2012, 01:50:16 AM

The Tu-22 would look good in a silver finish with French roundels and their colourful squadron markings on the tail.  ;D

TU-22 looks good from any angle AND, in ANY finish I reckon!! :lol: I have 2 more left - one of which has that huge air to surface missile slung under it ( forget which type!) Go for it!!! :lol:

Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Rheged

I'm sorting out Madame Rheged's  horticultural stash  before replacing the garden shed.  I now know where the Royal Horticultural Society secret strateigic stockpile of plant pots has been hidden!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet