BAe Spectre SR-1

Started by deathjester, September 16, 2012, 02:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathjester

Ever wondered why Britain seemingly gave up on the Space Race?  It's because we didn't need to bother - we'd already won it...

Here I present the aircraft the RAF will never admit to having, to the extent of basing them at Ascension Island, far away from eagle - eyed planespotters, and blaming sightings on American cover ups.  Ladies and Gentlemen, let me lift the veil on the BAe Spectre Strategic Reconnaisance aircraft...

The Model:

This is a little 1/300?  scale Concorde I picked up a while ago, with the intention of creating a Concorde bomber.  Of course, this was precisely two days before everyone started posted pics of their Bombcorde builds!  Ho hum, back to the old drawing board.  Then, I thought of what no one else seemed to have envisioned - a spaceplane!

So, I replaced the nose with a spare part from the spares box, popped the engines atop the wings, and gave her a NASA space shuttle scheme...

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Rat

Excellent! Now, photoshop some in-flight pics and send them in to some organization like MUFON, they'll go nuts!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

deathjester

Quote from: The Rat on September 16, 2012, 04:57:57 PM
Excellent! Now, photoshop some in-flight pics and send them in to some organization like MUFON, they'll go nuts!
Oh now that's tempting!

chrisonord

I likes that Jay. This gives me some inspiration to finish a spaceplane from a concord I filed away last year  :thumbsup:
You need to build a SHADO version now ;)
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Cobra

this is Superb :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: has a Thunderbirds feel to it!  Agree that a SHADO version should be built,along with a SPECTRUM version too! Keep up the Superb work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

MiB

Seems like the Starflight One, do u remembre the movie?
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Steel Penguin

very nice and with a little photo manip certain to make people scratch there heads.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Army of One

I agree with Chris an Dan...... :thumbsup:.....great work on the kit as well.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester

Quote from: MiB on September 17, 2012, 05:09:40 AM
...was Lee Majors the pilot in that one :-\  IIRC, the plane was saboutaged?...and got stuck in orbit, and they ended up sending up TWO shuttles, with refitted Saturn fuel tanks that were pressurised, as lifeboats?
Is that the one you mean?

Mossie

Ohhh yeah, I'd more or less forgotten about that one until you described it!  Saturday afternoon specials on ITV, old or ropey movies wedged in between the sports in the early afternoon and the usual light entertainment in the evening.  Seen worse, but I've seen much, much better as well!!!!! :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

MiB

Quote from: deathjester on September 18, 2012, 09:16:26 AM
...was Lee Majors the pilot in that one :-\  IIRC, the plane was saboutaged?...and got stuck in orbit, and they ended up sending up TWO shuttles, with refitted Saturn fuel tanks that were pressurised, as lifeboats?
Sure! :thumbsup:
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

TallEng

Is it me or does that have a certain Duck-Billed Platypusness about it?  :drink:

Nice Spacecord :thumbsup:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

deathjester

Quote from: MiB on September 19, 2012, 05:53:25 AM
Quote from: deathjester on September 18, 2012, 09:16:26 AM
Sure! :thumbsup:
As Duke Nukem would say..."Daamn, I'm Good!!!
Quote from: Mossie on September 19, 2012, 05:33:18 AM
Ohhh yeah, I'd more or less forgotten about that one until you described it!  Saturday afternoon specials on ITV, old or ropey movies wedged in between the sports in the early afternoon and the usual light entertainment in the evening.  Seen worse, but I've seen much, much better as well!!!!! :lol:
Saturday afternoons when I was a kid was so cool:  from around 12.30 - ish, in the break between the sports programmes, they would play 'The A-Team', 'Airwolf', and/or 'Knight Rider' !!
(sigh)  Those were the days...