Bulldog * * F I N I S H E D * *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, September 19, 2012, 02:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Yeah, I think I've got in my head a few schemes that are similar-ish.  The blue colour and demarcation kind of reminds of USAF VIP fleet scheme, plus I'm seeing in my head some kind of govermental logo.  I guess if I'm seeing the kind of thing you're comtemplating before you've done it you're on the right track, wither that or I'm telepathetic...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

"Air Force None"? But I agree - it has something governmental about it...  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Can't put my finger on it, but it looks vaguely French to me. Some test pilot/experimentation unit. And their trainers had/have orange wing and rudder tips.  :unsure:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Glad it's got you all thinking, good when that happens doncha think !! - Well it's finished, the stickers are on, and as this is typed the wheels are drying. Pics up hopefully tomorrow.

AFN

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Scooterman

I was thinking Air America, like their Hueys.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Kit - Airfix
Paint - All Humbrol enamels
Decals - Zotz (Air Forces of the World/Nth America)
Extras - None

SA Bulldog
Jamaican Defence Force/Air Wing
Air Training School 1990

Nice little project, good way to get back into building What If's after an enforced lay-off. Please excuse the poor photos, once again my camera is out of batteries so I've used Caroline's point'n shoot.

Thanks for taking the time to look. As ever all comments, criticism and questions are welcome.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

rickshaw

Something very different there, mon!  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Well thats come out really well Ian, just shows what can be done  with these old kits if you have the skills  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Thanks chaps.... appreciate the comments. Chris, you're right there are some cracking little kits in old boxes out there. Just need some TLC, time, patience and filler to get them onto the display shelf.... although at NO POINT in the future will I try to rescue the old Airfix Blenheim/IL2/Yak9 etc, etc !!. Wouldn't mind a crack at the Piper Cherokee tho', certain I could make the Bulldogs' decals fit !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

McGreig

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 14, 2012, 02:41:12 AM
Well thats come out really well Ian, just shows what can be done  with these old kits if you have the skills  :thumbsup:

What he said! A great result from a diminutive model  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Ian the Kiwi Herder on October 14, 2012, 02:57:22 AMthere are some cracking little kits in old boxes out there. Just need some TLC, time, patience and filler to get them onto the display shelf.... although at NO POINT in the future will I try to rescue the old Airfix Blenheim/IL2/Yak9 etc, etc !!.

I agree about old kits in general - I've just done the Hasegawa MiG-21 and the old Airfix MiG-15 (although this is perhaps not something you would describe as a "cracking little kit" - - -) which were fun to get to a presentable state. However, presentable is one thing - for sheer lunacy, look at this creation of a Tamiya-standard model from the Airfix Il-2
www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234916059&hi=%2Bairfix+%2Bsturmovik

Mossie

Nice job mate, smart little runabout! :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Scooterman

Captain Canada

Great job Ian. Nice to see some obscure air arm too !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Great result there......spanking little build...!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!