Twin Hull Concorde Idea

Started by Cobra, September 26, 2012, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, This was an Idea i was Trying to research, Did Anyone Ever Look at Maybe trying to make a Twin Hull or Zwilling Concorde? Think it might be Something Anyone Here would Want to take a Crack at? What Say You? thanks for looking. Dan

martinbayer

Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Cobra

why do ifeel like i'm Shooting Blanks :unsure: that was kinda what Inspired me! Dan

PR19_Kit

One of Vostoc7's masterpieces!  :thumbsup:

One of the very few that aren't blue and gold!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

In real life it'd probably suffer from horrible shock wave interactions, but in Whiff World, go for it!  :thumbsup:

Having said that, isn't there a design in BSP4 - Missiles & Hypersonics for a ramjet airliner that has two pointy fuselages with delta wings on the outside and a ramjet duct in the centre?

Can't find the one I mean on the web, but this shows the general idea:

from here: http://www.transportarchive.org.uk/getobject.php?rnum=G1546&searchitem=RAF&mtv=G1&pnum=10 which looks like a damned interesting site!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

raafif

Interesting !! -- make it a stand-off missile bomber == Warning - a "Tophe" idea ...

As British designs are traditionally short on range, right fuselage is actually a big missile which is launched at the carrier's maximum range -- the carrier then returns as an asymetric aircraft.

you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

kerick

how about two fuselages right next to each other and blended together. A double wide SST.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

bluedonkey99

Quote from: raafif on September 27, 2012, 03:18:07 PM
Interesting !! -- make it a stand-off missile bomber == Warning - a "Tophe" idea ...

As British designs are traditionally short on range, right fuselage is actually a big missile which is launched at the carrier's maximum range -- the carrier then returns as an asymetric aircraft.

another cut-away from the same site show it also as a twin hull passenger jet!  ;)
http://www.transportarchive.org.uk/getobject.php?rnum=G1064&searchitem=concept%20&mtv=G1&pnum=1

BD99

Weaver

Quote from: bluedonkey99 on September 29, 2012, 04:34:51 PM
Quote from: raafif on September 27, 2012, 03:18:07 PM

another cut-away from the same site show it also as a twin hull passenger jet!  ;)
http://www.transportarchive.org.uk/getobject.php?rnum=G1064&searchitem=concept%20&mtv=G1&pnum=1

BD99

Well done - that's exactly the one I was looking for!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

martinbayer

Here's a somewhat related student concept from Virginia Tech that I'm pretty sure Tophe will love:
http://www.dept.aoe.vt.edu/~mason/Mason_f/VTJavelinSST.pdf

Martin
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Tophe

Yes I love, thanks Martin!
(and not only the twin-fuselage part but the asymmetric one too!)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.