food Related Markings Query

Started by Cobra, October 01, 2012, 12:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, i was just thinking about something, and Wasn't sure Google could help.has Anyone Ever Seen or Thought of Doing Markings or Camo that Looked like Food? I'm Talking like Painting a Plane or Helicopter to Look like it was Made Resemble Waffles,Etc. Hope I'm not sounding like a Nutter,but it was Some i Often Wondered about. Thanks for Looking. Dan

deathjester

Quote from: Cobra on October 01, 2012, 12:16:39 AM
Hey Guys, i was just thinking about something, and Wasn't sure Google could help.has Anyone Ever Seen or Thought of Doing Markings or Camo that Looked like Food? I'm Talking like Painting a Plane or Helicopter to Look like it was Made Resemble Waffles,Etc. Hope I'm not sounding like a Nutter,but it was Some i Often Wondered about. Thanks for Looking. Dan
Camouflaged as food?  Is there much military necessity to infiltrate an episode of Man vs Food? :lol:

Maybe if it was a private aircraft, sponsored by a big food firm...?

perttime

Right now I'm seeing airliners made out of cheese and Hughes 500 helicopters painted as coconuts :)

Gondor

There was the PBJ build here that was made to look like food....

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

lenny100

there is alway the utterly buttery aircraft, named after the marg in the uk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sharon_dow/7764795486/
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Green Dragon

There was a USS Enterprise starship with a fried egg for the saucer section. Saw the wing walking Stearmans painted like Crunchie bars at several airshows.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

And of course Red Bull aircraft all over the place, but that depends if you can call Red Bull 'food'..... ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

deathjester

I was under the impression that was what the planes ran on, not the pilots... :wacko:

Cobra

to be clear, I'm Talking like Recreating the Pattern of Waffles on the Body of the Aircraft,Helicopter,Etc. i'd heard a Crazy Story about a Guy in the North of England Who Painted a Replica Hawker Typhoon to Look like Homestyle Pancakes to Promote a Local Eatery,and Almost Got into Trouble because of Some Obscure Reg about Aircraft and advertising. that was Part of the Reason i asked,along with Considering Painting a C-130 to Look like it Was Made of Waffles ;D Hope I Didn't Confuse You. Dan

PR19_Kit

You didn't confuse us Dan, we just drifted waaaaaaaay off topic as usual.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

deathjester

You see, you have confused us - by mentioning 'food', 'planes', and 'models' in the same sentence.  You should know that 'Food' is our default thinking mode... :wacko:

Go4fun

I can see the crew walking out for a Dawn Patrol mission before breakfast and seeing waffles painted all over the aircraft.
Don't get between them and the Crew Mess when they land!
"Just which planet are you from again"?

deathjester

Quote from: Go4fun on October 02, 2012, 10:12:27 AM
I can see the crew walking out for a Dawn Patrol mission before breakfast and seeing waffles painted all over the aircraft.
Don't get between them and the Crew Mess when they land!
There could be quite a lot of ketchup spilt: and the crews might have egg on the faces after waffling on about it... :rolleyes:

dadlamassu

Food camouflage on the hoof

Not food but ...

Hiding a tank in a crowd