Project Pye

Started by tc2324, October 09, 2012, 02:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

Not too much done on what is now none as the `Manilow` bomber as family sickness has returned with the kids and SWMBO coming down with it.

Painted over the nose section that was filled with quite a bit of filler as this tends to highlight any blemishes I might of missed. All looks ok though. Canopy has been masked, wings and tail attached and now comes the u/c issue. My plan is to scratchbuild the u/c so it is similar to the way the u/c operates on a B-24 but retracts backwards instead of to the sides. This way it`s minimal cutting and just a couple of exterior outer doors fitted.

Well, thats the plan anyway........ :rolleyes: ;D

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Go4fun

What an interesting plane to say the least!
"Just which planet are you from again"?

tc2324

Progress report on the Avro JP as follows.....,

Started to add some war colours to her this weekend. Some of you will notice I have opted for the grey/green topsides. Reason being is that according to my back story this machine was finished off in the camo night fighter colours of the day. More on that later.

Obviously have a few touch ups to do as which rends to happen with a rattle can spray job.

Now moving on to the `special` weapon this aircraft wil carry. The target I had in mind was the Wizernes V2 bunker in France. Now I know that the place was bombed using Tallboy`s, (or was it Grand Slams..?), but lets say Mr Wallace wanted a bunker busting type bomb.

So with that in mind I have hand picked the following items from an 1/48 F-14 kit, a 1/72 B-29 kit and an 1/72 Eurofighter.

Now then, lets see what I can make............ :wacko:

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

Awesome ! To be truthful, I thought the thing was damn ugly ! With that offset canopy, blunt nose yadda yadda...but now, with the paint  :wub: and the canopy installed, and the way the black wraps around....she's bloddy gorgeous !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

That blunt nose looks remarkably like the Mk V Stirling civvie transport conversions.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

bearmatt

That turns into something very inetersting here!  :thumbsup:
The carpet monster took it!

Mossie

Starting to take shape now the the paints on.  Looking forward to seeing what you've got planned with the bomb. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 28, 2012, 09:31:34 PM
Awesome ! To be truthful, I thought the thing was damn ugly ! With that offset canopy, blunt nose yadda yadda...but now, with the paint  :wub: and the canopy installed, and the way the black wraps around....she's bloddy gorgeous !

:thumbsup:

Again I have to concur almost completely with the Capt' - it's started to look right
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tc2324

Let the madness continue........ :wacko:

Today`s work turned this aircraft from a very large glider into a jet aircraft for the first time. Also added the u/c, plus doors and completed a few touch ups.

My attention will now turn to the Lancer bomb.

Tiger, Tiger!

McColm

Rheged

Quote from: McColm on October 30, 2012, 06:27:38 AM
Wow!!! :thumbsup:

Agreed,    WOW!!!

Is that  bulbous  nose hiding a  humungous  great  H2S  type  scanner?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

tc2324

Final picture update before the reveal. I think the decals so far applied have really brought this design to life.

Now for the bomb.  :wacko:

Someone has kindly given me a Tallboy as this was what I was looking to use originally, but after spending a bit of time working on the `Lancer`, I think I`m going to proceed with that a save the Tallboy for my next 4 engined heavy whiff.  ;D

How the Lancer works wil be in the backstory, but it`s a nice comparrison shot to scale of the size.

Tiger, Tiger!

PR19_Kit

Is that a Tallboy or a Grand Slam? I didn't thnk the Tallboy needed the safety chain that we can see in the pic.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I think it's a Grand Slam, not a Tall Boy.  The fins look like the clunky railway sleepers Airfix gave you as fins.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

tc2324

Apologies, it is the Airfix Grand Slam and not the Tallboy. Not really up on my big bombs I`m afraid.  ;D

Tiger, Tiger!